Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

Let’s get back on topic please.  Watson, the Browns, and Texans.  Try to keep it football related.  Possible suspension for Watson.  Penalties for the Browns or Texans organizations.  Etc.  Please drop everything else.  

34 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Let’s get back on topic please.  Watson, the Browns, and Texans.  Try to keep it football related.  Possible suspension for Watson.  Penalties for the Browns or Texans organizations.  Etc.  Please drop everything else.  

Man I feel for you Webby. It’s a tough topic to try to police as a moderator. 

really unique situation that hopefully the settlements will be the first step to putting behind us.

Getting back to topic I feel like the league was already going to suspend him 8 games, but with the settlement’s it’ll be a lot easier to handle that pr vs a year. 

the league will actually be able to move past this easier by putting him back on the field then having his situation hang over then another year. Suspend him and fine him and then let him play so we can all move forward 

58 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Why would the Browns be penalized? That makes no sense.

Texans, sure. Depending on what comes out. The league accepted the trade and contract there isn't anything they can fault the Browns for except bad taste but he's their product as much as he is the Browns' product.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Hill is relevant. Buts not apples to apples. Hill might get the ball…what? 8 times per game. Watson gets every offensive snap. Hill may be responsible for maybe 20% of his teams offensive success. I don’t think you can root for a team while hating it’s QB. I would have been indefinitely done as a Saints fan if they would have signed Watson. I just couldn’t root for Watson…and it’s impossible to root against your QB while rooting for your team. 

That’s false

Baker mayfield last year and a solid 1/3 of the browns fanbase on here are the proof of that

• Like 1

Of those keeping up (I’m not on a day-to-day), what’s the realistic prediction for a suspension here? With all this new stuff, seems like the 8-12 game call would be a gift.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Of those keeping up (I’m not on a day-to-day), what’s the realistic prediction for a suspension here? With all this new stuff, seems like the 8-12 game call seems like it’d be a gift.

At least a full season potentially reduced after an appeal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

That’s false

Baker mayfield last year and a solid 1/3 of the browns fanbase on here are the proof of that

I personally couldn’t do it. But comparing Watson to Hill is still not a reasonable comparison…even for those with twisted mental gymnastic skills. 

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At least a full season potentially reduced after an appeal.

Yeah I think it will be a full season now. I don't know if there will be a reduction from an appeal, I'm going to say no but there may be stipulations for reinstatement and that may depend if there are more accusations from Houston or new ones.

The appeal reduction is silly anyway. Go in front of a judge that sentenced you and get it lowered for some reason. It's a silly game the NFL plays.

• Like 1

A full season or less and Watson wins, as his contract was designed to protect him from losing money if/when suspended. I'm a realist (read: cynic) so yeah, I'm guessing it's exactly a year and then gets reduced. I'm just hoping one of those women not being paid off has a case that can't be shoved under the rug. It's rewarding Watson for his behavior to do give him a year or less, giving him another year in the league where he doesn't even have to play. I'm very curious how the league will approach it. 

TL;DR instead of 5/$230 million the contract would plummet to a paltry 4/$229 million

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

A full season or less and Watson wins, as his contract was designed to protect him from losing money if/when suspended. I'm a realist (read: cynic) so yeah, I'm guessing it's exactly a year and then gets reduced. I'm just hoping one of those women not being paid off has a case that can't be shoved under the rug. It's rewarding Watson for his behavior to do give him a year or less, giving him another year in the league where he doesn't even have to play. I'm very curious how the league will approach it. 

TL;DR instead of 5/$230 million the contract would plummet to a paltry 4/$229 million

I imgaine he spend millions and millions today. 

4/225 is my guess. 

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

Getting back to topic I feel like the league was already going to suspend him 8 games, but with the settlement’s it’ll be a lot easier to handle that pr vs a year. 

the league will actually be able to move past this easier by putting him back on the field then having his situation hang over then another year. Suspend him and fine him and then let him play so we can all move forward 

Kareem Hunt got 8 games and I feel like if we are using that as a barometer, this is going to be MUCH more significant. Given the minimum of 4 more unsettled cases, this won’t end anytime soon.

Snyder allegedly paid off an employee $1.6 million for sexual assault back in 2009 and refuses to appear before Congress. He got $10 million in fines. He’s got to have skeletons on every owner in the league.

• Like 2

If Watson gets a year and then appeals down to 8 games they need to thank the schedule makers this year. A Bye week 9 and probably one of the easiest first 8 games you could have formulated from their potential schedule

They’d get Watson back right at the Bye after having gone what looks like 5-3ish most likely

Edited by Ray Reed

18 hours ago, seriously27 said:

If someone at the bar takes their penis out and then purposefully moves around so that it hits you, call the police because that guy is a predator.

Just because he has money doesn't mean he is any different than the guy on the corner with the trench coat. Some people really don't seem to grasp the situation and trauma this may have caused. Imagine you are stuck in a room with a very large, extreme athlete. Imagine they do the above, but also proposition you, offer you money and they then try to coerce you into having sexual relations with them. All those things showing a continuous escalation towards something sinister and some of them being 100% illegal and wrong. Now imagine you are a female standing in the room in this situation. There is real fear there. Real possibilities that that could escalate into something else. 150,000 isn't enough probably. This guy should be in jail. 

Imagine being in fear and not a single woman calling the police...🤔