Do our Corners have our Backs, and Safely at that...?

vike daddy

I'm hoping Hill, Hughes, Harris (Triple H?!?!) and Kearse get a lot of snaps this preseason. I'm not exactly sure who else we have competing for spots behind them but I don't think our starting 4 need a ton of reps. Maybe less than starters are normally given.

12 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm hoping Hill, Hughes, Harris (Triple H?!?!) and Kearse get a lot of snaps this preseason. I'm not exactly sure who else we have competing for spots behind them but I don't think our starting 4 need a ton of reps. Maybe less than starters are normally given.

You’ll see that. Usually the depth position battle spots CB 3-6 WR 3-6 spots all get a fair amount of time and the starters get held back even more to give time to view these position battles

the improvement he’s shown from Year to year is one reason I see no reason to move on from him or cut him prior to the 5th year option kicking in. He’s been great in run support as well. If we can’t financially afford it, that’s one thing, but he’s earned a contract extension (assuming he continues himself level of play through the year). 

He won't get a lot of attention I imagine, but I think a guy we should look out for is #46 Trevon Mathis. He had some pretty tight coverage Preseason Week 1 vs the Broncos, but dropped a guaranteed pick 6. I think it was still a good play on his part though.

With how deep we are at the position, maybe he can make the Practice Squad? 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He won't get a lot of attention I imagine, but I think a guy we should look out for is #46 Trevon Mathis. He had some pretty tight coverage Preseason Week 1 vs the Broncos, but dropped a guaranteed pick 6. I think it was still a good play on his part though.

With how deep we are at the position, maybe he can make the Practice Squad? 

He caught my eye, as well. Guessing he's a prime PS candidate.

Archived