General Talk

DoleINGout

Random question, do you think its at all possible that, if your team is already eliminated from postseason play by week 17, that if it meant blocking the Jets from the number one overall pick(a.k.a. Trevor Lawrence), Bill would either intentionally lose or outright forfeit the game?

Or would he instead take more joy in crushing the Jets and banishing them to the third winless season in NFL history?

Alright @ChazStandard - we're both into week 13 in Survivor. I don't know about you but it is only my second time playing and I have had some very close shaves.

I think we might be in positions 2 and 3 at the moment. I haven't picked Green Bay or Baltimore yet so I have some options for week 13 if I want to play it safe. 

Not sure which is more likely - one of us to win it or the Pats to make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scottishpatriot said:

Alright @ChazStandard - we're both into week 13 in Survivor. I don't know about you but it is only my second time playing and I have had some very close shaves.

I think we might be in positions 2 and 3 at the moment. I haven't picked Green Bay or Baltimore yet so I have some options for week 13 if I want to play it safe. 

Not sure which is more likely - one of us to win it or the Pats to make the playoffs. 

One of you please win, Pats haven't had a winner in that yet.

GB have had like 4 or 5...

6 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

I have never made it past week 2 before, through a combination of bad luck and hubris. This is all uncharted territory for me. I have picked GB, Baltimore and the Steelers, but I haven't picked NO or KC yet so I have some room for soft picks. I have been trying to make riskier picks recently to climb the tie-break rankings. We're both well behind ArtVandalay right now.

LeGarrette Blount reveals why Bill Belichick passed on re-signing him before he went to the Eagles - CBSSports.com

Blount was a free agent after the Patriots' Super Bowl 51 championship, wishing to return to New England in the hopes of repeating. Blount, who announced his retirement Saturday, was surprised by Belichick's response when he was working on coming back to the Patriots. 

"I called Bill up and said 'I want to be here. I know y'all want me to be here,'" Blount said on the CBS Sports Fantasy Football Today podcast. "I'm like 'Let's figure this out.' He calls me back, says 'You played well for us...we love you, we appreciate you, but you averaged the lowest yards per carry in your career. You averaged 3.9 a carry.'"

"I said 'Bill, you gave me the ball 300 times. How am I supposed to average 4.5 yards per carry on 300 carries? Bro, I'm going to have to average a 20 or 30-yard run every day to keep that average up.' There were games where he was giving me 20 carries and I'm having 70 yards. That's just the way the game goes. 

"I couldn't believe he brought that up. All respect to him because I love Bill to death. That's my dude. That's my guy. I love him to death. He's the greatest coach of all time." 

Edited by Dan33185

17 hours ago, Dan33185 said:

Both have fair points, I guess.

But when you consider our offensive line coaching and overall ability going back years, you do want that average higher. Even if he is getting 20 a game. (I bet most games he was nowhere near that though)

So, who are the Patriots this year?

They've looked good beating the Raiders and Ravens, bad losing to the Texans and Broncos, mediocre barely beating the Jets, solid in playing the Bills so close, awful getting beat down by the Niners, and unbelievable blowing out the Chargers last week. 

I'm thinking loss for the Rams Thursday, because we have struggled offensively against Belichick, Patricia, Judge and Flores over the past three seasons. Our special teams are also the worst in the NFL, probably by a decent margin.

On paper we should win, but it feels like a "bad Goff" game coming, coupled with some special teams plays that will allow the Patriots to get a win while accumulating only 250 yards of offense.

I hope I'm wrong, but honestly, it probably doesn't matter to the Rams. We'll be in the playoffs either way, and our best case is probably the 3 seed - and either way, win or lose, unless Seattle drops another game, our game with them in week 16 will decide the division so we have to win that one regardless of the outcome Thursday.

All Rams fans would love to exercise that demon, but what the Patriots just did on our home field yesterday is terrifying.