Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

It’s just a pro Watson person wanting to put down the guy Watson is replacing. There is no other reason for it. It’s evident in the locked thread and it reeks of it here.

Stop putting Watson in every comment about me.

A bunch of people are certain about a he said she said issue and I poke fun at their absurd certainty.

I'm not a Watson guy, just not part of a bad logic lynch mob.

You are a mod. i can't block you. Grow up already.

Edited by SkippyX

Woof. 

Someone QT this tweet to talk about how when Baker was out for practice the week before GB, he didn't study the gameplan and spent 10 hours a night playing Halo   😂

No idea if any of that is true, but still hilarious

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Stop putting Watson in every comment about me.

A bunch of people are certain about a he said she said issue and I poke fun at their absurd certainty.

I'm not a Watson guy, just not part of a bad logic lynch mob.

You are a mod. i can't block you. Grow up already.

he said she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she said.

So yeah, I can understand.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Woof. 

Someone QT this tweet to talk about how when Baker was out for practice the week before GB, he didn't study the gameplan and spent 10 hours a night playing Halo   😂

If true my respect for Baker just went up tbh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Woof. 

Sounds like damage control 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Woof. 

I’d love to know how much is true, but if even half of it is, I’m pretty much spot on with every opinion and analysis of him since he was in college.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’d love to know how much is true, but if even half of it is, I’m pretty much spot on with every opinion and analysis of him since he was in college.

The halo thing seems to have some basis in reality. Some random dude tweeted on Christmas Eve that he had played like 10 games of halo with Mayfield and Baker added him lol.  I can't post the tweet because of language, but it's pretty funny when taken taken along with the random account saying he played Halo 10 hours a night that week lol.  Justis mosqueda tweeted it out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

he said she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she said.

So yeah, I can understand.

Mods should stop bringing up their baggage from locked threads every time they disagree with me. It’s a reasonable request. 

The 24 thing is played out to death. There is a clear and obvious 26 counterpoint that is even more infamous than Watson.  I’m confident ( without certainty of course) that there is a massive overlap of people who assume the 24 must be telling the truth and the 26 must be lying. It’s easy to do when it’s all about you.

Maybe both are guilty on all counts. Maybe both are innocent. Should we resort to punishment without evidence? Do you want more power for Goodell to just wing it based on his feelings?  How about Twitter poll suspensions? How about a Meta Critic style suspension based on the negative media articles? 

And by the way as far as the NFL is concerned (and all of us by forum rules) it’s now 5 people . As far as the civil court is concerned it’s somewhere around 4 people. As far as the justice system goes it’s zero.

I appreciate and admire Brady and I have a fairly strong dislike for Zeke. I had no strong opinion on the Saints during the bounty thing.  I thought all 3 were railroaded by the NFL. I know that Ridley got the same exact zero tolerance gambling suspension that was handed out in the 60s and 70s. No need for feelings on that one.  It’s amazing what you can think when you don’t put personal feelings ahead of logic and evidence in an argument.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Woof. 

Halo lol. What year is it? 2007? Wasn't he like 9 when 3 came out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Mods should stop bringing up their baggage from locked threads every time they disagree with me. It’s a reasonable request. 

The 24 thing is played out to death. There is a clear and obvious 26 counterpoint that is even more infamous than Watson.  I’m confident ( without certainty of course) that there is a massive overlap of people who assume the 24 must be telling the truth and the 26 must be lying. It’s easy to do when it’s all about you.

Maybe both are guilty on all counts. Maybe both are innocent. Should we resort to punishment without evidence? Do you want more power for Goodell to just wing it based on his feelings?  How about Twitter poll suspensions? How about a Meta Critic style suspension based on the negative media articles? 

And by the way as far as the NFL is concerned (and all of us by forum rules) it’s now 5 people . As far as the civil court is concerned it’s somewhere around 4 people. As far as the justice system goes it’s zero.

I appreciate and admire Brady and I have a fairly strong dislike for Zeke. I had no strong opinion on the Saints during the bounty thing.  I thought all 3 were railroaded by the NFL. I know that Ridley got the same exact zero tolerance gambling suspension that was handed out in the 60s and 70s. No need for feelings on that one.  It’s amazing what you can think when you don’t put personal feelings ahead of logic and evidence in an argument.

I do miss the bullet points

• Like 2

Remember when Quinn Pitcock retired after one season because of video game addiction? Former First Team All American at Ohio State. And 98th overall pick. He said he played video games so much because he was depressed. The Halo thing just reminded me of that.