Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

13 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

JR is OUTTA HERE!  (almost)

JR Smith is no longer going to be part of the Cavs, and will leave the team immediately, as the club works with Smith (and his people) to work out his numbers.

Appreciate all he did, especially defensively, over the last few years.

Best of luck elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Interesting that they did this right before LeBron comes to town.  

I’d imagine JR has been difficult to have around at times too. 

Cant say I blame him though, it’d suck to be in the last year or two of your career and be stuck in a rebuild. 

Probably best for all to part ways amicably.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d imagine JR has been difficult to have around at times too. 

Cant say I blame him though, it’d suck to be in the last year or two of your career and be stuck in a rebuild. 

Probably best for all to part ways amicably.

Exactly it was a good run but that’s what happens when you sell your soul for 4 finals appearances it’s what has to be done. 

I’d rather we tank than try and compete 100%

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I think that was preordained regardless of what we did.

Always have liked JR.

Wish him the best.

I never really liked him until I saw what he was going through with his baby. Then I realized his emotions and saw him as a man instead of a basketball player. Then how he supported the other teams in the city. I appreciated who he was for the city and the Cavs. He was a great two way player for the Cavs even if he has been on a little bit of a decline. 

His play and emotion on the floor will be missed. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, no hard feelings, it was a spectacular run.

I wish the Indians would have sold their soul for a run. Had a great core but refused to truly go after the title. After what 2016 did, they should have been aggressive in trades and signing. Just stood still and watched everyone else get better

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I wish the Indians would have sold their soul for a run. Had a great core but refused to truly go after the title. After what 2016 did, they should have been aggressive in trades and signing. Just stood still and watched everyone else get better

And those teams are continuing to get better. The Indians FO is sitting and staring the the white board right now. They half-*** went for it and traded our best prospect for a couple pen arms then ownership had hard-capped their spending. Brantley is gone and our terrible offense takes a big hit. I really will not be surprised if multiple of Kluber, Carlos, Gomes, Kipnis, Bauer, Alonso and Edwin are in different uniforms next year.

This was a team that had a shot, a very real shot to win it all and the FO couldn't pull themselves together to go for it. Now, we have to understand it is the world of small market baseball but it can still be frustrating.

But the Cavs need to take the small market baseball approach now. Once you have concluded there is no chance, you have to sell and asset you have for future assets and build a 5 year plan