Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I don't really buy your Mobley reasoning, but it is clear that KPJ has some massive mental/emotional issues that have been sticking with him for years at this point. Like, this is why he fell in the draft, this is why he got the boot here, and now it's looking like it might just be something that dogs him throughout his career. I've loved the "good vibe Cavs" this year, and I don't think that happens with KPJ on the team.

Mobley refused to workout for the Rockets, a team that did need a big man quite bad. Mobley's dad coached KPJ in college as an assistant and got to see all his issues. Stuff was rumored that Mobley's camp didnt want to be around the drama that KPJ brings with him. Maybe if KPJ changed his way from when he was in college Mobley' s camp would have changed their perception on him but it hasnt. So it would seem like they were right to avoid the team that had KPJ on it. Hell Rocket message boards thought his dad was trying to get a spot on the Cavs coaching staff the way they were trying to avoid the Rockets

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Mobley refused to workout for the Rockets, a team that did need a big man quite bad. Mobley's dad coached KPJ in college as an assistant and got to see all his issues. Stuff was rumored that Mobley's camp didnt want to be around the drama that KPJ brings with him. Maybe if KPJ changed his way from when he was in college Mobley' s camp would have changed their perception on him but it hasnt. So it would seem like they were right to avoid the team that had KPJ on it. Hell Rocket message boards thought his dad was trying to get a spot on the Cavs coaching staff the way they were trying to avoid the Rockets

Definitely possible. But he also refused to work out for the Pistons. He may have just not been interested in a team that was at the very beginning of their rebuild and planning to tank for a couple years or more.

Lets all be honest here. We all like this version of Love because he is a good soldier now & is playing well but it is what it is, he is not in the future plans for the Cavaliers.  I know this won't be a popular suggestion given the team currently winning & chemistry but I think it would be best for the team long term to trade Love now while his stock is at it's highest & may never be this high again. 

Cavaliers Trade: (F) Kevin Love & future 2nd round pick

Sacramento Kings Trade: (G) Buddy Hield & (F)Marvin Bagley III

Buddy Hield provides the 3 point shooting that Love provides, he's younger & is under contract for 2 more years at around $21 million in 2023 & around $19 million in 2024.  He has the ability to come off the bench, provide a scoring punch, & provide a high quality back up Okoro.  

In regards to Marvin Bagley III, he would fill in as the primary backup for the Bigs.  He is young at 22 which fits the core of the team & is athletic.  There's no denying that he's had some issues with the Kings & hasn't lived up to his high draft status at this time but he has been playing better as of late when given an opportunity to play.  The Cavaliers can play him consistent backup minutes to see how he does & if he can tap into his potential, then the Cavaliers can look into signing him to a contract.

The Kings have a ton of guards & are trying to unload Hield/Bagley in a package deal.  Love can play for them off the bench like he has for the Cavaliers and is only under contract for another year so they can buy him out or trade him to another team looking for a player on a 1 year contract.  

Like I said, it's probably not a popular opinion, but in reality, Love is not in the Cavaliers future.  Love's contract doesn't make it easy at all but they have to seriously look into trading him for something while his stock is at his highest.  

Peace!!!

58 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would do it in a heartbeat

Yeah, there is no way in heck they give Hield up for Love, let alone Hield and Bagley (worthwhile as an expiring contract at the bare minimum). Hield would be a great SG fit with Allen/Mobley. Sniper.

In other news, me watching Mobley legitimately unlocking more and more things in his rookie year that I thought we'd be lucky to see by year 3-4 VVVVVVVVV

DisastrousGrandioseElver-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2

Mobley is amazing. 

It's such an experience watching him develop. We literally have the future best player in the NBA. Thats insane. I didn't see that happening at pick 3. This guy is probably going to win a DPOY at some point. 

With Okoro out Cedi and Lamar are going to have to step up. I'm so glad the Cavs are exciting to watch with the way this Browns season has been.  

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck