Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 4/12/2022 at 9:51 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Im mad. As ****. If Osman/LeVert contributed ANYTHING when it mattered the Cavs win that game. That game was a gift, just play average and you win and they blew it. They blew it.

I kinda just felt like if we were going to ever get close enough to win KD would just have started actually trying out there lol.

Man. I know that for the long term future of the team, losing today and keeping the pick might end up being better for us. But this is a hard way to miss the post season. Without injuries we're a top 4 seed. With better officiating that's a "who gets the last shot?" game. Just tough and frustrating.

Offseason Q's:

1. Who is the right backcourt around Garland? I don't think all three of Levert/Okoro/Sexton come back, so who is the odd man out?
2. Do we make the pick or move it, maybe plus one of the above for a borderline star? If we make the pick, do you go for a "win now" type guy, someone who can be in the rotation right away? Or do you grab a potential piece, somebody you're hoping becomes a real player in a year of two.
3. Who is the backup center? We need a better guy to give Allen a breather and keep Mobley from having to play more than 10 minutes a game at C.
4. Do we maintain the three seven footers starting line up, or grab a more traditional 3 and let Markannen be the bench shooter/stretch 4?

There are other questions, but I think if we answer those the rest will be easy to figure out.

• Like 2

The results are in. Trae Young is the father. 

The difference was they had smaller defenders and made life hard for Garland. We used 3 7ft guys and they switched them on to young every time. Okoro having no offensive game blows. He needed to be on the court for offense but that just crowds the paint more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

The results are in. Trae Young is the father. 

The difference was they had smaller defenders and made life hard for Garland. We used 3 7ft guys and they switched them on to young every time. Okoro having no offensive game blows. He needed to be on the court for offense but that just crowds the paint more.

Hard pill to swallow that Okoro would never start on a good team.

Hope he develops his game but he's killing us when he's out there.

Bring Sexton back and build the defense around a tiny backcourt is what I think would be best with what we have.

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Hard pill to swallow that Okoro would never start on a good team.

Hope he develops his game but he's killing us when he's out there.

Bring Sexton back and build the defense around a tiny backcourt is what I think would be best with what we have.

The best part of the playoffs…. Even teams that probably won’t win it…. Expose you. Once Klove hit the floor they switched on to him and scored. OKoro is different because of age but you have 3 7ft players who are all good but you have an extra defender sagging down because they want you to make him shoot. Literally if we had Klay this team alone would take us places. Cause you can’t leave him alone and it sucks to say because OKoro is so young. His defense is so good that you don’t wanna have to do it but that’s the way it’s played right now. I also think the LeVert trade is backfiring because of it. It’s one of those tough pills to swallow. Also at the same time. We are above expectations….. like if you’re not proud right now where we are at you’re literally just a hater. I was wrong. Hell sexton might’ve taken us beyond this point. I’m glad to be wrong and proud to be a cavs fan. 

• Like 2

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck