Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 minutes ago, Armbar said:

I think the biggest issue is that JB sucks. But Garland has been dreadful despite getting some good opportunities. He’s terrified of the paint & is a horrible defender. That’s not JB’s fault.

Fire JB tho—he is definitely garbage regardless of our players struggling.

Agree, Saul.

• Like 4

I’m not sure how the numbers work or if this is even possible but there’s two pretty straight forward moves I would make this offseason (assuming Mitchell re-signs and LeBron isn’t interested in a return)

OKC receives: Jarrett Allen and LeVert

BKN receives: Picks from OKC +

CLE receives: Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson

Then re-sign Okoro and bring in a 3rd big like Jonas Valancuinas. I think at this point Mitchell can “recruit” DG to stay and be his running mate. People say the DG/DM backcourt doesn’t work but stats tell a different story and they were really good together in 2022-2023.

DG - Spida - Bridges - Cam Johnson - Mobley

Bench: Strus, Okoro, CPJ, Merrill, Dean Wade, JV

We may need to bring in a vet PG if you think CPJ isn’t ready for that role yet but overall I like this direction. If you want to play big and load up on defense you put JV in the lineup over Cam Johnson. And again I didn’t run this through a trade simulator or know if this is all possible or not. 

We are gonna trade DG for hopefully either a SG or SF with size who can get buckets, especially from range. Idk who that is, but I don’t really love Ingram. Or any “SF” under 6’6.

If we get a SF, which would be ideal, we could then move Okoro to SG, where he would excel. The our offensive production could come from our new SF, Mitchell, and hopefully Mobley. Allen PnR’s too.

15 hours ago, Armbar said:

We are gonna trade DG for hopefully either a SG or SF with size who can get buckets, especially from range. Idk who that is, but I don’t really love Ingram. Or any “SF” under 6’6.

If we get a SF, which would be ideal, we could then move Okoro to SG, where he would excel. The our offensive production could come from our new SF, Mitchell, and hopefully Mobley. Allen PnR’s too.

I don’t love Ingram mostly because of the contract (but also defense and effort concerns). He’s on an expiring deal and will be expecting to get a max extension.

But in terms of player for player swaps, DG for Ingram makes some sense. Both are injury prone, high upside players coming off disappointing seasons/playoffs. Now in a vacuum I would rather have DG but Ingram makes sense for us as a wing who can get his own shot.

Would much rather have Bridges though. 

Posted (edited)

Agreed sdrawkcab321.

I want to see a coach brought in from the outside that won't stand for us playing like pacifists.

When we played the Knicks, and they ripped a necklace off one of our guys.....

I would have laid that sumbeech out. Right quick and in a hurry too.

Wagner in the playoffs after he took out Allen - he would have needed crutches to limp back to Florida.

Nothing wrong with old school basketball.

Sir Sean Connery said it best in The Untouchables - "They send one of ours to the hospital, we'll send one of theirs to the morgue....."

Edited by brooks1957

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Agreed sdrawkcab321.

I want to see a coach brought in from the outside that won't stand for us playing like pacifists.

Wagner in the playoffs after he took out Allen - he would have needed crutches to limp back to Florida.

Sir Sean Connery said it best in The Untouchables - "They send one of ours to the hospital, we'll send one of theirs to the morgue....."

I hate that we’re soft, but I doubt that was on JB. The lack of scoring and the terrible lineups we trotted out there are…but the lack of testosterone is on our guys. Hopefully a coach can light a fire, but I have a feeling guys like Allen and Mobley just are who they are. 

4 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Agreed sdrawkcab321.

Nice 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Looks like I’m back to being a Mavalier fan. Back to liking me some flat boy Kyrie. And absolutely hating anything Bahstahn. Let’s go Kyrie!

For sure. The only teams I hate more are the Lakers and Warriors. And I only truly dislike the Celtics because Boston fans are the worst fans in American pro sports. I used to kind of like the Celtics as a kid until I realized Boston fans are the worst.

Go Mavs!

• Like 1