Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 2/16/2018 at 6:33 PM, bruceb said:

Why don't you focus on LT so that we have one less puzzle piece to find?

I guess it's time for me to come out....I'm not really Rod Johnson.

I'm Ether, but I had no idea what the password was to my old email that I signed up for this site with in like 8th grade.  Never have been a core poster in here anyways and I think yall hated me for insisting that Josh Cribbs was a better receiver than Greg Little in like 2012 (which I still believe).

And insisting that letting Lawrence Vickers go is the reason we are terrible (which I still believe as well).

Edited by Rod Johnson

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm Ether, but I had no idea what the password was to my old email that I signed up for this site with in like 8th grade.  Never have been a core poster in here anyways and I think yall hated me for insisting that Josh Cribbs was a better receiver than Greg Little in like 2012 (which I still believe).

And insisting that letting Lawrence Vickers go is the reason we are terrible (which I still believe as well).

I can't believe it. Now my whole life feels like a lie.

Edited by DawgX

15 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Welcome back.

You know, of course, that we never would have known.

And, oh, I agree about Vickers.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Welcome back.

You know, of course, that we never would have known.

And, oh, I agree about Vickers.

fwiw a lot of those arguments were centered around the idea Owen Marecic would be "better" because he was a "west coast FB" that fit Pat Shurmur's "system".  I mean Lawrence Vickers had 3 career TD receptions against the Steelers alone for christ's sake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

How could you lead me on like this? 

This whole time I was angling for free tickets and you’re just some useless schlub like the rest of us...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

True.  But Kyrie's shine was being blocked by Lebron, since he is capable of being the best offensive player on a championship team.  So I get it, I wish it was otherwise though.

I honestly dont believe he could be the best offensive player on a championship team. When he was asked to carry the scoring load or was asked to lead the offense when James was out, he failed to be successful at it.

Just now, buno67 said:

I honestly dont believe he could be the best offensive player on a championship team. When he was asked to carry the scoring load or was asked to lead the offense when James was out, he failed to be successful at it.

You might be right, we will have to see how far he can take the Celtics in the next few years.  With teams like the Rockets/GSW/whoever Lebron plays for in the fold he might not be efficient enough, nor the passer, to truly be the best offensive player.  But the Cavs were already starting to give him more shots than Lebron before he left.  I think it's honestly a spotlight/leadership thing for him.  He could get 25 shots a game as long as Lebron was there the team would run through him not Kyrie.  I don't think Lebron will/should ever relegate himself to an amazing veteran role player, he's too darn good with the ball in his hands to become that.  Maybe if he plays until he's 40+ he'll check himself.

If Kyrie was a much better facilitator I could easily see him and a host of defensive players/shooters plus a reliable scoring big being incredibly successful.

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

You might be right, we will have to see how far he can take the Celtics in the next few years.  With teams like the Rockets/GSW/whoever Lebron plays for in the fold he might not be efficient enough, nor the passer, to truly be the best offensive player.  But the Cavs were already starting to give him more shots than Lebron before he left.  I think it's honestly a spotlight/leadership thing for him.  He could get 25 shots a game as long as Lebron was there the team would run through him not Kyrie.  I don't think Lebron will/should ever relegate himself to an amazing veteran role player, he's too darn good with the ball in his hands to become that.  Maybe if he plays until he's 40+ he'll check himself.

If Kyrie was a much better facilitator I could easily see him and a host of defensive players/shooters plus a reliable scoring big being incredibly successful.

To me Irving would have to be like Kobe (post shaq) and get the team around him perfectly to win a title

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Haha you sly dog you. Welcome back. Now ban him webby. 

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

fwiw a lot of those arguments were centered around the idea Owen Marecic would be "better" because he was a "west coast FB" that fit Pat Shurmur's "system".  I mean Lawrence Vickers had 3 career TD receptions against the Steelers alone for christ's sake.

Ugg Marecic was my worst whiff ever. I still got your back Owee!

14 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Question do you guys think the nets pick, tristin Thompson and Korver would get a deal done for Leonard or would we have to add or swap out Love/Cedi. 

Cavs: Kawi Leonard and Danny Green 

Spurs: Nets Pick, TT, And Korver 

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Question do you guys think the nets pick, tristin Thompson and Korver would get a deal done for Leonard or would we have to add or swap out Love/Cedi. 

Cavs: Kawi Leonard and Danny Green 

Spurs: Nets Pick, TT, And Korver 

The only way the Cavs would have a snow ball chance to get Leonard is if the nets pick ends up being the #1 pick, Leonard demands a trade, and the Spurs would have to believe that Ayton, or Bagley or whoever they would take #1 is someone they could develop into a better player than Kawhi and even then the Cavs would still have to give up more that TT and Korver

Two out of conditions are very unlikely to happen.

Edited by BrownsDog23
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

The only way the Cavs would have a snow ball chance to get Leonard is if the nets pick ends up being the #1 pick, Leonard demands a trade, and the Spurs would have to believe that Ayton, or Bagley or whoever they would take #1 is someone they could develop into a better player than Kawhi and even then the Cavs would still have to give up more that TT and Korver

Two out of conditions are very unlikely to happen.

If he is truly upset, after the 18-19 season he has a player option, so he could walk and they get nothing for him.

With how deep this draft is, if they wanted another player to build around this might be the draft to do it in.

I doubt they would want TT. I would be willing to give up the Nets pick and Love