Random Thoughts - Training Camp edition

dll2000

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

https://www.shawlocal.com/bears/2022/09/01/an-update-on-our-friend-and-colleague-hub-arkush/

Apparently Hub Arkush suffered a medical emergency last month while leaving Halas Hall, and has been hospitalized ever since.  That’s pretty scary, must be real serious to be hospitalized that long.

Yeah, my guess was a stroke with that duration, but that’s just speculation on my part. Hub isn’t for everyone but he’s a Bears beat institution. 🙏

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, my guess was a stroke with that duration, but that’s just speculation on my part. Hub isn’t for everyone but he’s a Bears beat institution. 🙏

Hub is a wet blanket we love to argue against.  Him not doing his score hits is certainly a loss.

• Like 1

Son had a game today and at one point it was raining and blowing HARD. He had a good game but got busted hard a few times. Couldn't get that little shimmy to take a lesser hit. Funny part was the center snapping the ball but it slipped. Literally rolled between his legs and he had no idea. Got knocked on his butt and was expecting an offside but realized a bit late the HB had covered the ball. Heard him when they were huddling. "What the heck happened?" Kid was so embarrassed over nothing.  😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Son had a game today and at one point it was raining and blowing HARD. He had a good game but got busted hard a few times. Couldn't get that little shimmy to take a lesser hit. Funny part was the center snapping the ball but it slipped. Literally rolled between his legs and he had no idea. Got knocked on his butt and was expecting an offside but realized a bit late the HB had covered the ball. Heard him when they were huddling. "What the heck happened?" Kid was so embarrassed over nothing.  😂

Youth sports are best entertainment

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

One of best guest first pitches I have ever seen. 

It was awesome. Took the family there and it was my kids' first pro game. Walk off win after 5 runs in the bottom of the 9th was INSANE!!!

• Like 1

Regarding Hub Arkush, i saw the police report and it said when FD arrived they had to perform “lifesaving measures” (typically means CPR.  When Hub was taken to the hospital he was immediately hooked up to a ventilator.  It also mentioned a recent heart attack.  

Nota sure exactly what happened, but sounds like minutes/seconds could have been the difference between life/death.  Hope he recovers.

• Like 1