2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

43 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Dec 5th 2021 to Aug 22.  About 8 and half months. Very surprising ! Does this mean he's full go to practice.. Just Unbelievable. He had nore than ACL, also MCL and meniscus , I think .

I don’t think he fully tore his ACL, but I could be wrong. Or at least his ACL tear wasn’t as bad as Chase Young’s. That’s what Rivera said at least.

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think he fully tore his ACL, but I could be wrong. Or at least his ACL tear wasn’t as bad as Chase Young’s. That’s what Rivera said at least.

This article mentions ACL, MCL and BOTH meniscus. devastating injury from a dirty block !

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/22/23316383/washington-roster-moves-logan-thomas-activated-from-pup-two-more-tes-added

12 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

This article mentions ACL, MCL and BOTH meniscus. devastating injury from a dirty block !

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/22/23316383/washington-roster-moves-logan-thomas-activated-from-pup-two-more-tes-added

Yeah, I guess from what Rivera was saying though a few weeks ago was that Logan’s ACL tear was not as serious as Chase Young’s. I know I thought that Chase would be back before Logan and I was shocked when they said Logan may be ready for week 1 but Chase might not be ready until October bc of the severity of Chase’s torn ACL.

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I guess from what Rivera was saying though a few weeks ago was that Logan’s ACL tear was not as serious as Chase Young’s. I know I thought that Chase would be back before Logan and I was shocked when they said Logan may be ready for week 1 but Chase might not be ready until October bc of the severity of Chase’s torn ACL.

Doesn't compute ! A tear is a tear is a tear.. but can't argue the point. Need a medical explain as to how they can differ !

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Doesn't compute ! A tear is a tear is a tear.. but can't argue the point. Need a medical explain as to how they can differ !

There are times when guys have partial tears & where they’re not torn all the way through & then when it’s a total tear away from the bone. Remember at first they didn’t think that Logan even tore his ACL but then found out later he did? Perhaps it wasn’t a total tear like Chase’s.

Types of ACL Injuries

Doctors use a grade to diagnose how severe your ACL tear is.

• Grade 1  least severe ACL injury. Means you stretched but didn't quite tear, the ACL. The ligament can still keep the knee joint stable.
  • Grade 2  a partial tear. Means you stretched the ACL, making it loose. The ligament can't provide full stability to the joint.
  • Grade 3  most severe ACL injury. Means a complete or near complete tear. The ligament has split into two pieces. Grade 3 is the most common type of ACL injury.”

https://www.upmc.com/services/sports-medicine/services/acl-program/symptoms-and-diagnosis

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

There are times when guys have partial tears & where they’re not torn all the way through & then when it’s a total tear away from the bone. Remember at first they didn’t think that Logan even tore his ACL but then found out later he did? Perhaps it wasn’t a total tear like Chase’s.

Types of ACL Injuries

Doctors use a grade to diagnose how severe your ACL tear is.

• Grade 1  least severe ACL injury. Means you stretched but didn't quite tear, the ACL. The ligament can still keep the knee joint stable.
  • Grade 2  a partial tear. Means you stretched the ACL, making it loose. The ligament can't provide full stability to the joint.
  • Grade 3  most severe ACL injury. Means a complete or near complete tear. The ligament has split into two pieces. Grade 3 is the most common type of ACL injury.”

https://www.upmc.com/services/sports-medicine/services/acl-program/symptoms-and-diagnosis

I'd say the confusing thing to us non medical professionals when it comes to Chase vs Logan is 

Logan practicing with a full leg brace and don't seem 100% but they believe he'll be there

Meanwhile we've seen Chase doing drills with Von Miller and talk about running 18 mph on the tredmill but it seems he'll miss at least the first 4.Also seen him running on Sidelines to celebrate preseason plays.

It's just confusing on what they've seen to trust Logan leg compared to seeminly super safe with Chase

Edited by ovfd55

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I'd say the confusing thing to us non medical professionals when it comes to Chase vs Logan is 

Logan practicing with a full leg brace and don't seem 100% but they believe he'll be there

Meanwhile we've seen Chase doing drills with Von Miller and talk about running 18 mph on the tredmill but it seems he'll miss at least the first 4.Also seen him running on Sidelines to celebrate preseason plays.

It's just confusing on what they've seen to trust Logan leg compared to seeminly super safe with Chase

Running in a straight line is different than cutting at full speed. Also, I realize you wrote this an hour ago, but it’s come out that Chase had a torn patella tendon on top of the torn ACL.