2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

Man, Rules, rules rules - can't keep up.  So Preseason I R . do they have to miss 4 weeks from now, or 4 weeks regular season. Antone know how this works ?

Reyes- looks like Tarzan but a real glass man. always something strained, pulled, tweaked, sprained. ☹️

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Man, Rules, rules rules - can't keep up.  So Preseason I R . do they have to miss 4 weeks from now, or 4 weeks regular season. Antone know how this works ?

Reyes- looks like Tarzan but a real glass man. always something strained, pulled, tweaked, sprained. ☹️

Some people are confirming, but IR in the preseason means IR for the WHOLE season. 

Any player who was placed on injured reserve during camp or the preseason, before final roster cutdowns, have to stay there for the entire season. That applies to Patriots tight ends Dalton Keene and Troy Fumagalli, and linebackers Raekwon McMillan and Anfernee Jennings.

https://985thesportshub.com/listicle/nfl-injured-reserve-rules-2021/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Some people are confirming, but IR in the preseason means IR for the WHOLE season. 

https://985thesportshub.com/listicle/nfl-injured-reserve-rules-2021/

Yes I’m pretty sure I remember @Woz telling us that a few years ago that if players were out on IR before the season started that they were out the whole season.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Shades of Reed Doughty !

I thought they were opposites.  Doughty could play football but was slow and didn't have plus athletic traits.  On the other hand, Apke is an athlete who can't play football.  Doughty took good angles and such.  We played him out of position, but he still was a solid contributor.  Apke didn't have a position.

I am glad we finally moved on.  Another Rivera foot drag.  It didn't seem long ago when Rivera stated Apke was a camp standout and expected him to be a starting safety for us.  Failure.  Then last year he was a cornerback.  Failure.  Then just a Special Teams player who made some good plays, but sadly also some standout horrid ones.  Now he is gone.  Let's hope Percy Butler isn't a repeat.  By the way, I have a feeling the potential Reed Doughty of the team could be Derrick Forrest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I thought they were opposites.  Doughty could play football but was slow and didn't have plus athletic traits.  On the other hand, Apke is an athlete who can't play football.  Doughty took good angles and such.  We played him out of position, but he still was a solid contributor.  Apke didn't have a position.

I am glad we finally moved on.  Another Rivera foot drag.  It didn't seem long ago when Rivera stated Apke was a camp standout and expected him to be a starting safety for us.  Failure.  Then last year he was a cornerback.  Failure.  Then just a Special Teams player who made some good plays, but sadly also some standout horrid ones.  Now he is gone.  Let's hope Percy Butler isn't a repeat.  By the way, I have a feeling the potential Reed Doughty of the team could be Derrick Forrest.

You're right for sure. The only similarities ,,both kept making the team when everyone expected them to be cut !

• Like 1