2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

What has me very nervous is how poor Wentz seems to be doing in camp.

I’m never worried about that until the regular season. The defense usually knows what’s coming, Wentz is learning a new offense & getting acclimated to new weapons. Also, QBs tend to experiment with different things in practice that they wouldn’t in games to see what he and his receivers can do chemistry wise. 

Logan Paulsen said that his concerns on Wentz is mounting but he’s not overly concerned. He did say the back on the defense has played great & Kendall Fuller has played great & covered Terry well. He also said that WJ3 has looked very sharp, knows what he’s doing and us passing off concepts well as opposed to last year.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m never worried about that until the regular season. The defense usually knows what’s coming, Wentz is learning a new offense & getting acclimated to new weapons. Also, QBs tend to experiment with different things in practice that they wouldn’t in games to see what he and his receivers can do chemistry wise. 

Logan Paulsen said that his concerns on Wentz is mounting but he’s not overly concerned. He did say the back on the defense has played great & Kendall Fuller has played great & covered Terry well. He also said that WJ3 has looked very sharp, knows what he’s doing and us passing off concepts well as opposed to last year.

To piggyback on this Wentz is learning a offense vs a Defense that played this offense in camp last year and been together for over a season,Where Wentz has only had Doctson all offseason and Terry since camp started and 3rd and 4th wrs have been all over the place with Samuel and Dyami missing time and then at TE THomas being out with Bates missing the last week and now TUrner and Reyes both dealling with Hammies too I'd expect some growing pains in this camp,Wentz has also had 3 different centers during camp and drills too hasn't been the most stable camp for the offense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

To piggyback on this Wentz is learning a offense vs a Defense that played this offense in camp last year and been together for over a season,Where Wentz has only had Doctson all offseason and Terry since camp started and 3rd and 4th wrs have been all over the place with Samuel and Dyami missing time and then at TE THomas being out with Bates missing the last week and now TUrner and Reyes both dealling with Hammies too I'd expect some growing pains in this camp,Wentz has also had 3 different centers during camp and drills too hasn't been the most stable camp for the offense.

Good point about the injuries to others & Samuel & Dyami being in and out of practice. I hadn’t even thought of that being a reason too.

Already excuses being made for Wentz. Dude needs to perform with whoever is out there. He's a professional playing with other professionals. I'd liked to read or hear about him making guys better not excuses for his poor performance. If he can't elevate this team there was NO Reason to trade for him!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Idky but I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to have Turner injured for each of these preseason games.  I have a feeling their going to hide him from tape this preseason. Almost like they did with Terry. 

Makes sense to me

12 hours ago, DCNative said:

Already excuses being made for Wentz. Dude needs to perform with whoever is out there. He's a professional playing with other professionals. I'd liked to read or hear about him making guys better not excuses for his poor performance. If he can't elevate this team there was NO Reason to trade for him!!!!!! 

if He's bad in regular season I'm not making excuses for him unless they are warranted like poor oline or Drops.

Don't overthink Camp, if Camp and preseason meant everything we would have multiple Super bowls under star QB Colt Brennan may he rest in peace.

5 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

if He's bad in regular season I'm not making excuses for him unless they are warranted like poor oline or Drops.

Don't overthink Camp, if Camp and preseason meant everything we would have multiple Super bowls under star QB Colt Brennan may he rest in peace.

Don't change the subject by bringing up another QB. Wentz was traded for. Meaning he NEEDS to perform well. He isn't some Colt Brennan. He's a former 2nd overall pick plus Ron agreed to trade two 2nd round picks for Wentz. 

34 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Don't change the subject by bringing up another QB. Wentz was traded for. Meaning he NEEDS to perform well. He isn't some Colt Brennan. He's a former 2nd overall pick plus Ron agreed to trade two 2nd round picks for Wentz. 

I agree he needs to preform well but it doesn't need to be in practice or Preseason game, you're allowed to make mistakes at this point as long as you learn from them.
He's one of only 2 QBs to have 4seasons of the last 5 seasons to have 20+TDS and less then 10 ints(The other being Arod) so some practice ints isn't going to make me panic.Now if he plays the Jags week one like he played them week 18 then I'll panic.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Aggressive post. He didn't appear that he changed the subject, only adding satire in response to a post that was aggressive. Stating that he won't allow excuses when poor play actually matters is not an inaccurate statement. Preseason and Practice stats mean nothing. If he plays poorly in regular season games he will get crucified by this fan base for the very things you stated, he was traded for, he has a premium salary and he isn't a young guy like a Colt Brennan.

However the concept that we traded two second round picks for him is still incorrect. The actual trade was two 3rd round picks (one that could escalate to a 2nd) and a swap of second round picks for Wentz.