2022 Official Commanders Training Camp Thread

turtle28

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

I thought they were opposites.  Doughty could play football but was slow and didn't have plus athletic traits.  On the other hand, Apke is an athlete who can't play football.  Doughty took good angles and such.  We played him out of position, but he still was a solid contributor.  Apke didn't have a position.

I am glad we finally moved on.  Another Rivera foot drag.  It didn't seem long ago when Rivera stated Apke was a camp standout and expected him to be a starting safety for us.  Failure.  Then last year he was a cornerback.  Failure.  Then just a Special Teams player who made some good plays, but sadly also some standout horrid ones.  Now he is gone.  Let's hope Percy Butler isn't a repeat.  By the way, I have a feeling the potential Reed Doughty of the team could be Derrick Forrest.

I will never get over that they cut Sean Davis to start Apke at FS.

I liked what I saw out of Parker, #16. I definitely agree that Butler, Forrest & Reaves should make it. I’ll put in my case for Parker as well. He had two pass break ups that were huge hits in the 4th Q, he also has some starting experience for the Giants. 

I think Forrest plays near stater snaps bc we’ll be in the Buffalo Nickel so much w/ Curl playing the Buffalo Nickel.

Edited by turtle28

I thought this was interesting...

Keim's last podcast.

A.  Gibson has had a good camp and responded well to his fumble this week in practice.  They want him to be involved in this offense. 

B.  Steven Parker has had a good camp, hard to keep him off the roster

C.  Chris Paul has looked good, he's been saying this on and off for weeks.

D.  He interviewed Carson.  some of his thoughts including:  Carson likes Northern Virginia, its more his scene than Philly, really out doors type.  He might be evolving as a player-teammate.  He's married and more comfortable.  Players can bond to him more perhaps because of the adversity he went through in recent years.  Doing cook outs with teammates including with Leno and Way.  In short, he thinks Carson mentally might be in a better place than he has been in recent years.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Keim's last podcast.

A.  Gibson has had a good camp and responded well to his fumble this week in practice.  They want him to be involved in this offense. 

D.  He interviewed Carson.  some of his thoughts including:  Carson likes Northern Virginia, its more his scene than Philly, really out doors type.  He might be evolving as a player-teammate.  He's married and more comfortable.  Players can bond to him more perhaps because of the adversity he went through in recent years.  Doing cook outs with teammates including with Leno and Way.  In short, he thinks Carson mentally might be in a better place than he has been in recent years.   

Yeah, I think Parker made Apke expendable & mayp make Reaves expendable as our 5th S.

Agree with the rest, especially Double D!

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Keim's last podcast.

I think Carson is what he is. I want him to do well because of the massive amount of crap he's taken but my guess is we'll get a similar result as the Colts. I honestly think he ends up spending just one year here and they don't pick up his remaining years. Not saying Howell will take over but either way I don't expect Wentz to be the starter after this season. 

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think Carson is what he is. I want him to do well because of the massive amount of crap he's taken but my guess is we'll get a similar result as the Colts. I honestly think he ends up spending just one year here and they don't pick up his remaining years. Not saying Howell will take over but either way I don't expect Wentz to be the starter after this season. 

I actually have Carson blowing up in a big good way. The expectations are low for him league wide.

But I believe he's going to get comfortable in this offense & he finally has the weapons he never truly had as an NFL starting QB. Including in 2017.

I have us going 12-5 & winning the Division.

There's many reasons for this prediction, btw. 

1)It's a suffix year of "2".

2)Changing of the helmets, name, etc.

But the only guarantee I truly have, is Washington will make the Playoffs.

Even if it's as a wildcard.

I have us in the playoffs at a 100% certainty.

How we do it & how we get there is truly gonna be a mystery.

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I actually have Carson blowing up in a big good way. The expectations are low for him league wide.

But I believe he's going to get comfortable in this offense & he finally has the weapons he never truly had as an NFL starting QB. Including in 2017.

I have us going 12-5 & winning the Division.

There's many reasons for this prediction, btw. 

1)It's a suffix year of "2".

2)Changing of the helmets, name, etc.

But the only guarantee I truly have, is Washington will make the Playoffs.

Even if it's as a wildcard.

I have us in the playoffs at a 100% certainty.

How we do it & how we get there is truly gonna be a mystery.

Well of course you do lol. You're the fan I wish I could be. Seriously, I'm jealous of how much faith you have in the players and organization. I'm just a curmudgeon lol