49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I agree with some of what you're saying, specifically with John Lynch, but the fact is that no one is going to trade for him if he can't pass a physical and if we cut him before he can pass a physical, we are on the hook for 7+ million. Jimmy needs to get healthy and pass a physical before anything happens. 

Very true, but I don't believe the health of Jimmy factors into why he is still here. It may have prevented a market from ever really developing for him, but if the market was a 6th, I don't believe John would have pulled the trigger. In fact, they basically said as much with the comment about not cutting a player like JG. I also do not believe that the Niners are blind to the mess JG in camp can create. The constant questions, the potential locker room divide, Trey looking over his shoulder etc. I just think it is really important for Lynch to look a certain way when this is all said and done. This also leads me to believe that John and Kyle are not on the same page and that John is very aware that Kyle is Teflon and he is expendable in this scenario. I don't think any GM and HC ever agree on every player, but if John wants to stay in a front office he needs to appear to be good at this part of the job. I don't see John with the 49ers long term. I see Kyle here for a decade plus regardless.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cleared to practice means he's passed his physical, correct? What am I missing here? Why did Ian Rap say he won't be cleared until mid-August??

Built in explanation when he's still on the roster August 15th

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Make it happen ASAP!

1) Its cute they think Don hasnt talked to other teams

2) its sad that they didnt do this 3 months ago

3) Perhaps this is a precursor to keeping him on the roster? I have repeatedly stated Jimmy needs to be realistic with his market after the colts traded for Matt Ryan. There is not a lot of money out there for him. He needs to come to the realization that 25m isnt happening, and that he needs to accept less money for next year. The niners wont eat money for him to play for another team, and another team isnt paying him 25m. Hard stop.

So, with that being said, Jimmy will talk to other teams, realize there isnt a market for him, and then accept a backup role here for backup money with playing time incentives. He doesnt need to move, stays in sunny CA for the winter, and can hit FA next year. It does make sense, even though I hate it

I hate it so much lol but I guess this is a thing

If Jimmy stays on the roster next year, I petition @Forgeto be sent to the pit of misery 

• Like 2