49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

@HoboRocket what happened to him in Arizona? I remember people saying predraft they were worried about him because he had a lot of hobbies outside of football 

I can't help but love this move. 

Pretty sure he was lazy and had issues with motivation. I'm also not sure he was very good

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

@HoboRocket what happened to him in Arizona? I remember people saying predraft they were worried about him because he had a lot of hobbies outside of football 

Does he push Givens off the roster I wonder? Givens looked good when he was given play time.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm still not over the IR thing lol....Someone explain what I'm missing please!!!

What IR thing, haven't been here in weeks, maybe months, maybe I can shed some light if I knew what it's about.

3 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

What IR thing, haven't been here in weeks, maybe months, maybe I can shed some light if I knew what it's about.

He's asking why you have to activate players from IR that were put there last year. I think we're on the same page in that once the new league year starts, that should basically just reset and everyone should come off the injured lists. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure he was lazy and had issues with motivation. I'm also not sure he was very good

Super talented guy with 0 work ethic has been my impression of him. There were concerns about his work ethic coming out of Ole Miss, and the fact he fell out of a window at a party down there I think. Pretty sure he was one of the top recruits in his high school class if not the top recruit. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

He's asking why you have to activate players from IR that were put there last year. I think we're on the same page in that once the new league year starts, that should basically just reset and everyone should come off the injured lists. 

Yes, once the league years reset, everyone who was on IR, PUP, NFI, etc.. are on the 90-man roster now, or are FAs if contract has expired.

Just now, 49erscap said:

Yes, once the league years reset, everyone who was on IR, PUP, NFI, etc.. are on the 90-man roster now, or are FAs if contract has expired.

So this is what is confusing in regards to that. 

Just now, GW21 said:

So this is what is confusing in regards to that. 

Yeah, idk why they'd need to activate, once the season ends, and the new league year begins, the rosters basically reset.

Did the 49ers put a thing out about activating them?

I just checked, I think he's confused by the article about 5 players coming back from 2021 IR, has nothing to do with being activated, none were on IR this offseason, if on IR in offseason you're done for the season, no activating until in season for IR players.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

I just checked, I think he's confused by the article about 5 players coming back from 2021 IR, has nothing to do with being activated, none were on IR this offseason, if on IR in offseason you're done for the season, no activating until in season for IR players.

I think you're right. I've never heard about having to activate players from injured lists from the previous season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

He was terrible, struggled with commitment, got into scuffles. His pre-draft CHARACTER CONCERNS more involved substance abuse, partying, and a volatile nature and he held onto it in Phoenix. Maybe he's wizened up? Last time he was with the Cardinals, he showed up to camp WAYYYY out of shape. I believe he was arrested multiple times while with the Cardinals, fell out of a second story window after breaking it while under the influence pre-draft, and had massive motor issues. He's one of our worst draft picks ever. Super ineffective and according to three different head coaches, a really bad teammate. You won't get anything out of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

He was terrible, struggled with commitment, got into scuffles. His pre-draft CHARACTER CONCERNS more involved substance abuse, partying, and a volatile nature and he held onto it in Phoenix. Maybe he's wizened up? Last time he was with the Cardinals, he showed up to camp WAYYYY out of shape. I believe he was arrested multiple times while with the Cardinals, fell out of a second story window after breaking it while under the influence pre-draft, and had massive motor issues. He's one of our worst draft picks ever. Super ineffective and according to three different head coaches, a really bad teammate. You won't get anything out of him.

Sooooooo, you’re saying he just may be the piece we needed?!?!  I’m excited! 

When I saw the rumor of a former first rounder I gotta say I was hoping Oline. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, straighthate said:

When I saw the rumor of a former first rounder I gotta say I was hoping Oline. 

Same. I thought ereck flowers. Someone else mentioned Billy price and I thought that was reasonable too