Bears 53

dll2000

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed...even out with the injuries I think this roster is ahead of where I thought we would be heading into the season...if we could find a young receiver who is maybe buried on a depth chart somewhere then I would be aggressive in going after him if he is a starting calibre player we feel will be here in 3-4 years...

Van Jefferson (Unrealistic but would knock it out the park)

Chase Claypool (Unrealistic)

Darius Slayton (Probably our best bet)

Josh Palmer (Possibly but the Chargers might not want to give up talent)

Marquez Callaway (Realistic but not a top talent)

Wouldn't surprise me if they put in a waiver claim for ISM, who MN just waived yesterday

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

A reprise of the N'Keal Harry deal with the Bears sending a small amount of cap relief instead of a pick. Chances are slim that either turn their careers around. But the cost is minimal and there's some upside.

Bears have put together an OL that could easily implode. But it could also produce a few out-of-nowhere talents.

I actually think the Oline is underrated now that Jenkins is at RG.   Just young and hasn't worked together- so that will be an issue on stunts and what not.

Weakest points physically/athletically speaking are probably Whitehair and Patrick.   They are your vets.

They are going to struggle at times, probably Braxton particularly at LT when he goes against elite players, but there is some upside there and hope.   Light years better than this time last year.    I am amazed out how smart and mature Braxton is.  

Last the right side of OL was Mustipher, Daniels and Ifedi, and while talented Daniels and Ifedi played like hot garbage most of time.   Mustipher just isn't very good.  

We are improved over last year right now with Braxton, Whitehair, Patrick, Jenkins and Borom.

I am flipping on my offseason opinion of disaster at OL, but I had no idea Braxton was going to start at LT and Jenkins was going to right guard.   

Really plugged the massive holes to something acceptable.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Had someone told us last year April that we’d have both Jenkins and Leatherwood as potential long term OL pieces in front of Justin Fields at QB we’d all have taken that in a cocaine heartbeat.

Im not completely sure that they arent still open to one of those two possibly being the RT going into 2023.

He's my guy, and I think he will be fine/solid this year, but I still feel like they dont love Borom as the RT in this system long term.

So for now, just collect the talent, let them get reps this year, add more next offseason and sort it all out from there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Could be WR depth but I'n starting to think Velus is f***ed and this is their plan B for KR/PR duties

they only have 3 healthy WRs on the roster right now - this is just as much getting healthy bodies into the building as it is seeing if a young player drafted just last year can turn into something with some development

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

You're the one who said you don't go fron Outland winner to crap so easily. There have been plenty of Outland winners who sucked in the NFL. Leatherwood being awful wouldn't be out of the ordinary at all. Obviously Mayock/Gruden were a disaster but that doesn't mean all of their mistakes will succeed elsewhere

There are also plenty of examples of guys who go on to be great…again no one is saying Leatherwood is about to be the next Joe Thomas but do I trust Poles evaluation enough to say that a young guy with clear upside and talent is the type of guys we should be taking a risk on this season? Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

There are also plenty of examples of guys who go on to be great…again no one is saying Leatherwood is about to be the next Joe Thomas but do I trust Poles evaluation enough to say that a young guy with clear upside and talent is the type of guys we should be taking a risk on this season? Absolutely.

You made it seem like Joeckel and Garnett are outliers, dude. Many Outland winners suck. I guess I somewhat trust Poles too especially with the Jones pick and figuring out Jenkins' best spot (potentially) but let's not act like he's going to do the same magic trick here just because he's an oUtLaNd wInNeR

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't disagree with anything you said. It's just some posters have blind optimism for no reason and will make arguments and back them up endlessly despite facts showing the complete opposite. No Outland winner goes from great to awful that quickly! A simple wikipedia search will show that a BUNCH of Outland winners go from great to awful quickly

And some posters consistently think the world is falling down around them without a guy playing a snap for us.

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

they only have 3 healthy WRs on the roster right now - this is just as much getting healthy bodies into the building as it is seeing if a young player drafted just last year can turn into something with some development

My post was sarcastic. I definitely think they'll try to develop ISM but I also think he's going to get his shot at KR/PR right away

Just now, beardown3231 said:

You made it seem like Joeckel and Garnett are outliers, dude. Many Outland winners suck. I guess I somewhat trust Poles too especially with the Jones pick and figuring out Jenkins' best spot (potentially) but let's not act like he's going to do the same magic trick here just because he's an oUtLaNd wInNeR

No I didn’t…you made that assumption…which isn’t knew from you.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Look man, YOU made the argument that he won the Outland trophy and therefore he can't be *that* bad, not me or anyone else

Is that the only point I made about Leatherwood? No…is it part of the consideration as to why the kid might be more talented than he showed in LV? Yes…if you want to take the Outland winner out of it then I don’t think a guy who looked great on one of the best college teams offences we have ever seen in 2020 then becomes so bad in the pros in 2021 without there being issues such as not helping him on over 70% of his pass blocking snaps when he is new to the position and NFL…do I feel our coaches can help him with that? Yes I do.