Bears 53

dll2000

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Most of the players that make up the roster are on 1-2 year deals.  Most wont even be here by this time next year.

This is not a good roster and that's the reality of it. We have guys playing 1s and 2s who should be 4s. Most of the 53 wouldn't even make it on most teams practice squad. 

bplJZfC.png

There is no guarantee they will be here but if some of these guys step up then it cuts down on just how much has to be replaced in the long run…no doubt we need more talent all over the roster.

19 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Most of the players that make up the roster are on 1-2 year deals.  Most wont even be here by this time next year.

This is not a good roster and that's the reality of it. We have guys playing 1s and 2s who should be 4s. Most of the 53 wouldn't even make it on most teams practice squad. 

bplJZfC.png

You do realize that depth chart isn't remotely close to accurate right?  Who is a 1 that should be a 4?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You do realize that depth chart isn't remotely close to accurate right? 

Accuracy wasn't the point.  Read back.

Who is a 1 that should be a 4?

Pringle is our #2 but is closer to a #4. 

St Brown is also our 2 or 3 and is closer to a #5.

Mustipher is our 1 but is closer to a 4.

Vildor or Graham are 1s but are closer to 3s and 4s.

Blackson, Morrow, Adams are 1s but are closer to 2-4s.

Dont even get me started on depth.....it gets really ugly.

This is a bad roster.

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Accuracy wasn't the point.  Read back.

Pringle is our #2 but is closer to a #4. 

St Brown is also our 2 or 3 and is closer to a #5.

Mustipher is our 1 but is closer to a 4.

Vildor or Graham are 1s but are closer to 3s and 4s.

Blackson, Morrow, Adams are 1s but are closer to 2-4s.

Dont even get me started on depth.....it gets really ugly.

This is a bad roster.

Mustipher is not a 1, so let's just stop there.  Lucas Patrick is a 1, and Mustipher is a fine #2.  Vildor is not closer to a 4 than #2.  Graham is on the damn practice squad for crying out loud.  Adams a #1 by technicality, but he's not a #1 when he is going to be off the field 78%of the time.  Morrow is a #1 who is a #1 and no where near #4.  That is an absolutely ridiculous statement Blackson is a #1 maybe, probably a #2 once Watts is up to speed.  Find me a #4 DT w/ Blackson's experience and production.  Again you claim to know what we have but you clearly don't.  You can't even get the depth chart right.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Mustipher is not a 1, so let's just stop there.  Lucas Patrick is a 1, and Mustipher is a fine #2.  Vildor is not closer to a 4 than #2.  Graham is on the damn practice squad for crying out loud.  Adams a #1 by technicality, but he's not a #1 when he is going to be off the field 78%of the time.  Morrow is a #1 who is a #1 and no where near #4.  That is an absolutely ridiculous statement Blackson is a #1 maybe, probably a #2 once Watts is up to speed.  Find me a #4 DT w/ Blackson's experience and production.  Again you claim to know what we have but you clearly don't.  You can't even get the depth chart right.

He's just being for Poles what Windy City was for Pace. Everything Poles does will be bad and stupid until the Bears start winning.  Can't say I blame him but it does get old after a while.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bfan said:

He's just being for Poles what Windy City was for Pace. Everything Poles does will be bad and stupid until the Bears start winning.  Can't say I blame him but it does get old after a while.

I mean um all for skepticism, the Bears have proven over the last 10 years they deserve no benefit of the doubt.  But to quote Tom Waddle, they have been very transparent with the plan, and they have been executing the plan.  At this point I think we should at the very least call balls and strikes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I mean um all for skepticism, the Bears have proven over the last 10 years they deserve no benefit of the doubt.  But to quote Tom Waddle, they have been very transparent with the plan, and they have been executing the plan.  At this point I think we should at the very least call balls and strikes.

The plan all depends on the dude playing QB. How has Fields looked in the preseason? I haven't watched but he's got to progress for any of it to work. 

31 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The plan all depends on the dude playing QB. How has Fields looked in the preseason? I haven't watched but he's got to progress for any of it to work. 

He has looked like he progressed, how much I don't think anyone can really say because it was the pre season and I believe the offense was holding back on the scheming a lot. It will be interesting to see through out the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Mustipher is not a 1, so let's just stop there.

Yea, thats just disingenuous. But I would also say I wouldn’t categorize him as a ‘fine’ backup either. He’s what we've got for now, and we kind of have to just deal with that for this year

i don’t think our starters as a whole are any worse than a large majority of this league, its obviously when we get to the depth that we are really lacking, but we knew that would be the case before Pace was even fired.

So sure, if we lose a couple of Lineman (especially veterans) and drop a some of the wrong talent from each level of the defense, yea we would be in trouble, but a lot of teams are in the same boat. 

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Again you claim to know what we have but you clearly don't. 

I know what we have but I don't think you do.  You are notorious for being a massive homer who overrates Bears players and always want to believe the Bears are one of the best teams in the league. 

I'll let the season speak for me.  When this team finishes with a bottom 10 record then we can talk about all of this talent that you seem think we have.

27 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Just a little added context.

I’m really hoping the two options are just flip flopping Whitehair and Patrick till he can snap the ball. 

would seem weird to push out Jenkins at this point, and even with little practice reps I have to believe Whitehair is still a better option than Mustipher at Center

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Thats kind of my point .  I understand people not liking the plan but since the plan seems to be not spending big money on long term contracts on free agents, especially on premium positions, why keep harping on why we don't have quality players at positions we could have only filled with high cost free agents?  Granted maybe we could have gotten a good WR in the second round but then we would not have gotten potential quality players at CB and safety, which we also needed.  At least WR is a position Fields can help if he can develope into the kind of QB worth building our future around.  Let's not call strikes before either the catcher catchs the ball or the batter finish his swing.