Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

It is Hurts 3rd year in league and they loaded up for this year.  

This Fields first offseason as starter and also first in a new system.  

Kind of an unfair comparison, plus Eagles media is blasting Hurts.   https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/8/5/23293592/eagles-news-jalen-hurts-progress-drawn-question-philadelphia-qb-training-camp-practice-nfl-football

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

It is Hurts 3rd year in league and they loaded up for this year.  

This Fields first offseason as starter and also first in a new system.  

Kind of an unfair comparison, plus Eagles media is blasting Hurts.   https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/8/5/23293592/eagles-news-jalen-hurts-progress-drawn-question-philadelphia-qb-training-camp-practice-nfl-football

Failed pro football player turned bachelorette contestant says Fields is behind Hurts

Who gives a ****

• Like 2

Braxton Jones being day to day is the biggest concern for me as he seems locked in at that LT spot and when it comes to the preseason opener he is the guy I want to see the most even ahead of Fields…if he proves he can be a legit LT for this team then fixing that OL is expedited immensely…

Pringle being out is also big but if there is one silver lining I would be Velus Jones hopefully getting back sooner and getting those reps to see if there is something there with Fields…

Hopefully Gordon can return quickly as well.

17 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I actually think it’s the other way around. i think Reiff got brought in because they don’t love the idea of Borom as Plan A at RT, and Jenkins hasn’t been what they’ve hoped for during the offseason program and is now apparently injured again. I can’t envision a scenario where at the end of preseason Reiff isn’t starting at one of the tackle spots, and it seems at least for now like they’ve decided Jones is going to get a real run at LT. Jones is this regime’s hand selected guy. Borom isn’t.

Carter also getting 1st team run and pushing Schofield I find fascinating. I think if those two are neck and neck at the end of preseason that the rookie gets the call. There’s far less financial commitment to Schofield (minimum salary benefit deal with $0 guaranteed) than Reiff. I also think that Reiff being the presumed starter at RT puts a rookie RG between 2 vets (when Patrick is back) that can help him as he gets his feet wet. 

I may be giving Eberflus too much credit but I think both Reiff and Schofield were brought in to set the floor on the Oline.  If the kids beat them out the kids will play.  If not the kids can develope and maybe win the job next year. I do think Jones is the closest on to have a position locked down.

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Even if Eberflus ends up being the John Fox for the next HC, the discipline and toughness he he is instilling (or at least seeming to) will be invaluable for all these young guys.

I am getting a better and better feeling about Flus…first year is going to be tough no doubt but after that when we can get some better talent in here and more guys to fit both his & Getty’s schemes I think we can have real success…he is putting all the right schemes and philosophies in place right now.

Jenkins denies any problems with coaches and wouldn’t outright say probably because coaches told him not too.  But, it sounded to me like his back has been bothering him.

I think this because after repeated questions he did say he was getting close to 100% and thinks he will be 100% in a few days.  

It could mean he just isn’t in football shape yet after sitting out, but that wouldn’t jive with what he said about being no problems with coaches.  So no other reason to sit out IF they are telling truth.  

So we have two different stories.  One is he is hurt and two is he was a baby and threw a fit and sat out for no reason  or that was insinuated.

It could still be true that Bears were shopping him, but reason could have been that he has a bad back and not that he is a discipline problem with maturity issues.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Jenkins denies any problems with coaches and wouldn’t outright say probably because coaches told him not too.  But, it sounded to me like his back has been bothering him.

I think this because after repeated questions he did say he was getting close to 100% and thinks he will be 100% in a few days.  

It could mean he just isn’t in football shape yet after sitting out, but that wouldn’t jive with what he said about being no problems with coaches.  So no other reason to sit out IF they are telling truth.  

So we have two different stories.  One is he is hurt and two is he was a baby and threw a fit and sat out for no reason  or that was insinuated.

It could still be true that Bears were shopping him, but reason could have been that he has a bad back and not that he is a discipline problem with maturity issues.

The only thing that gives me pause on the “Bears are shopping him” narrative is that it would be a weird to do this while also stating that he is injured when he was not. It would tank his value. It doesn’t make much sense.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It's possible but I think it's one of 2 things: his agent asked for a trade due to the position change/no guarantee of a starting spot but no one would bite & so he at least did some light work with trainers, or he came to camp out of shape and that's why he's not practicing and thus the lack of maturity rumors and thus the reason he's in the new regime's doghouse

On 8/6/2022 at 3:34 PM, beardown3231 said:

Failed pro football player turned bachelorette contestant says Fields is behind Hurts

Who gives a ****

I'm sure this has nothing to do with his opinion at all.

12:25 PM · Aug 6, 2022 from Philadelphia, PA·Twitter for iPhone

• Like 1