Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

14 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

All offseason people have been talking about how Poles is evaluating the roster and using this season to try to get a better look at the young talent on the team. Then he signs two 30 year old to take away snaps from the said young talent and suddenly everyone is excited about it. 😅

I'll say it again, this fan base is weird.

I dont think that is whats happening at all honestly. I think most of us want the best 5 players protecting Fields. But in no way do I think Jenkins and Borom arent top 5 players on our OL either. So that might be where I differ from the bulk of the fan base, Idk. 

That being said if we see both of then sitting and then have Mustipher starting then im going to be lost.

Ive been a loud advocate for OTs movong inside. Id have no issues making our lone up:

Jenkins- Schofield-Whitehair-Reiff- Borom

That line isnt dominant in any way but at least is competent and has upside. Still have Lucas, Mustipher and Jones as back ups too. 

Or of you want Jenkins to be an OG in this scheme then do it now and switch him and Reiff. But quit p****footing and get them in one spot to stay ASAP. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

What happened with Patrick, can anyone expand on him after that tweet. 

Not really anything out there…he walked off under his own power then jumped onto a cart and into the trainers room…wasn’t carted off at least.

56 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

But quit p****footing and get them in one spot to stay ASAP. 

I feel like this is one of those major things you guys are scarred with from the past regimes. This is a totally normal thing to happen, for all teams, even the best of them. 

They tried the young guys in mini-camp, didnt love what they saw for this year. So then did what we wanted them to, signed good veterans on short term deals to bridge the gap (but some how thats now a bad thing according to some?)

But now you still need to piece the line together the best way possible. Its going to take more than a day or two to do that. If were into Preseason games (especially game two) and still shuffling for any reason other than injury, then sure Ill be screaming "what the hell is going on?" but Reiff and Schofield just got fitted for pads, lets give it a second. 

Assuming Patrick is something minor, Id expect the season to start as Reiff-Whitehair-Patrick-Schofield-Borom along the line. With Jones ready to get some work at LT, and Jenkins as a fill in everywhere especially on Gameday (pretty disappointing)

• Like 1