What is something that is accepted by society that you find creepy/weird?

biggie.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:26 AM, MWil23 said:

holy triple post Batman 

What the hell is everyone else doing in our cat thread.

Anyways, getting this back on track, I scoped this out and the good news is that the catio situation is going to be resolved but the bad news is my landlord wasn't okay with chicken wire or anything that was too chicken coop like, but was okay with a setup that I would buy (????). I want to re-up the lease, so it wasn't worth the fight.

Ended up finding a completely over the top one for $500 on Amazon. All said and done, it was probably looking like about half that from Home Depot/Farm and Fleet if I did it myself, so not the best but not the end of the world. Throwing in a few dangling toys, a hammock, her heated bad that I can run an extension cord through, and I should be all set.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What the hell is everyone else doing in our cat thread.

Anyways, getting this back on track, I scoped this out and the good news is that the catio situation is going to be resolved but the bad news is my landlord wasn't okay with chicken wire or anything that was too chicken coop like, but was okay with a setup that I would buy (????). I want to re-up the lease, so it wasn't worth the fight.

Ended up finding a completely over the top one for $500 on Amazon. All said and done, it was probably looking like about half that from Home Depot/Farm and Fleet if I did it myself, so not the best but not the end of the world. Throwing in a few dangling toys, a hammock, her heated bad that I can run an extension cord through, and I should be all set.

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. The alpha female has chosen me as her person. The skittish female loves my middle daughter and nobody else. The male loves everyone/everything and I’m not sure if he’s dumber than a hay rake or secretly a genius.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. The alpha female has chosen me as her person. The skittish female loves my middle daughter and nobody else. The male loves everyone/everything and I’m not sure if he’s dumber than a hay rake or secretly a genius.

The male understands that all humans have food, so I think he’s pretty sharp.

• Like 4

On 8/9/2022 at 10:12 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The healthy despite being overweight crowd is not uncommon, but also, they’re often young.  Long term being morbidly obese/obese is going to catch up to you.  

I talk to a lot of folks who deal with a lot of issues (hypertension, diabetes, joint pain, etc) that are largely influenced by body weight.  Not saying that weight is the only factor, but it’s definitely a factor. 

We also live in a society that consists of an absurd amount of men who think they carry an above average amount of muscle or have unusually large bones so things like recommended weight range and BMI don’t apply (I think BMI is near useless, but not the idea of maintaining a reasonable body weight).  I can’t count the number of 50-60 year old dudes who are like 5’9, 230 and think they need to lose just 10-15 pounds.  Like, no dude, you’re easily 50-60 pounds overweight.  No judgement, but let’s at least be honest here.

This is true, I think many people are uneducated when it comes to weight. Especially when it comes to height and weight. The shorter you are, the less you are suppose to weigh. I weigh 135 and 5’7”, very fit, and well in the BMI index. At 150 I get a pudgy face and a stomach that sticks out quite far. But if I tell people I’m 135 they are like “wtf! You need to beef up to 190 asap!!!” Like no dude… I’m 5’7” not 6’2”….. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 12:50 PM, Jeezla said:

Dogs riding on the lap of the driver. Should be a moving violation, just like texting while driving.

Sushi.

I used to think homeschooling your kid was weird, but how the times have changed.

Don't let these people who enjoy fish wrapped in seaweed and rice bully you. You're right on this.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Look if I’m being honest I don’t eat fish in general.

Neither do I most of the time, but I can crush some sushi rolls and a whole boat full of sashimi. I’m talking primal animal, two sticks in one hand and the other hand just scooping and eating it with my bare hands.

It makes zero sense, but that’s why it makes TOTAL sense.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:50 AM, Jeezla said:

Dogs riding on the lap of the driver. Should be a moving violation, just like texting while driving.

It absolutely should be illegal. Not only is it a hazard for the driver and other vehicles on the road, it's dangerous for the dog. 

Dogs belong in a crate if they're going to be in a vehicle. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 7:55 PM, ET80 said:

Opposite end - people constantly asking young couples when they’re going to have kids. 

Yeah, there are people who don’t want to have kids but those people aren’t afraid to say “we’re not having kids” and dealing with whatever anyone might say in response. I’m sure that sucks something awful, having to defend a life choice you’re making and being told “oh just wait till your older,” or “your biological clock will start up,” or “you better do it now because when you get older it’s harder to do…”

This sort of question starts to get harmful when you have a young couple who WANT to have a child… but can’t. Then the questions start turning into advice on diet, sleep schedules, alternative options, prayer… it goes from a question that shouldn’t be asked to begin with into a inquisition on a very private, frustrating and sad scenario for couples who want nothing more than to have kids. 

Let people procreate, no need to ask em questions on the buildup. You wanna know about the buildup, check out the OnlyFans page…

ET has an onlyfans. I knew it 

• Like 1