The Last Of Us - HBO ***No Game Spoilers***

Broncofan

For those who live under a rock videogame-wise - the absolute best storyline IMO.  

Pedro Pascal as Joel, Bella Ramsey as Ellie.   Anna Torv as Tess, Gabriel Luna as Tommy.

And a cameo from the original Joel/Ellie with Troy Baker/Ashley Johnson to boot!   Would have loved to have Tess' with Annie Wershing too, but can't have it all.

It's a total teaser, but fans who've played the game, well they know the potential here.   Super excited, hopeful and worried (don't screw this up HBO).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Broncofan said:

For those who live under a rock videogame-wise - the absolute best storyline IMO.  

Pedro Pascal as Joel, Bella Ramsey as Ellie.   Anna Torv as Tess, Gabriel Luna as Tommy.

And a cameo from the original Joel/Ellie with Troy Baker/Ashley Johnson to boot!   Would have loved to have Tess' with Annie Wershing too, but can't have it all.

It's a total teaser, but fans who've played the game, well they know the potential here.   Super excited, hopeful and worried (don't screw this up HBO).

Can’t go wrong with the Mandalorian to protect you lol.

• Like 1

I’m all in on this. I figure Joel’s daughter’s scene won’t hit as hard as it did in the game, but I personally think (good) story games are more emotionally compelling because you’re personally invested and feel your character is a part of you. It’s generally a challenge to introduce a character and give them enough depth in a short time for you to care about their immediate wellbeing. 

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’m all in on this. I figure Joel’s daughter’s scene won’t hit as hard as it did in the game, but I personally think (good) story games are more emotionally compelling because you’re personally invested and feel your character is a part of you. It’s generally a challenge to introduce a character and give them enough depth in a short time for you to care about their immediate wellbeing. 

I think the way around that is to save that for later.  As a flashback.  Like right after that scene in the trailer.  

Just because it’s an adaptation off the best video game story ever IMO doesn’t mean they have to follow the playbook.   For the exact reason you cited the sequencing may be entirely different.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...