Panthers officially name Baker Mayfield as opening-day starting QB

RaidersAreOne

This story would have had a far more entertaining finish if he had lost the competition to Darnold. 

No surprise here though. Baker is a starting NFL QB whose only real question is how good / bad is he as a starter. Darnold is not a starting NFL QB. 

• Like 5

Just now, big_palooka said:

And Baker will be laughing the whole time knowing the Browns are paying him more to start for the Panthers than their opening day starter. And he doesn't have to be associated with a team who associates with sexual predators which I'm sure is nice. 

It don’t matter if we beat him. That’d be corny if he’s laughing taking a L.

Especially if we not even starting the qb we dropped him for. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

And Baker will be laughing the whole time knowing the Browns are paying him more to start for the Panthers than their opening day starter. And he doesn't have to be associated with a team who associates with sexual predators which I'm sure is nice. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33483986/source-carolina-panthers-make-aggressive-offer-houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson#:~:text=The Panthers attempted to trade,Carolina backed off after that.

Yeah, they're morally superior.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Wasn't aware, nor do I care honestly. Desperate teams, do desperate things I guess.

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The Panthers are going to suck, but if they somehow beat the Browns week 1 it will be so freaking funny.

They will win.

Starting Jacoby isn't a recipe for success + Baker revenge game + we never win week one. I'll be mildly surprised if Carolina doesn't win.

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wasn't aware, nor do I care honestly. Desperate teams, do desperate things I guess.

It's whatever. I just find it interesting that those who wanted Watson and tried to get him receive carte blanche immunity status on the moral high ground. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It's whatever. I just find it interesting that those who wanted Watson and tried to get him receive carte blanche immunity status on the moral high ground. 

Agreed. I knew my hometown team (Falcons) had interest and I condemn them for it.