Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

Great game is not synonymous with great by the way.

Would anybody call Christian Watson a great WR right now?

No.

So when you start acting like Jones, Driver, Nelson and Jennings was some great WR corps, that’s what I have an issue with.

That’s what I’ve said the entire time. I didn’t backtrack, and I hate that accusation.

Especially from someone who won’t even acknowledge Randy Moss was a great route runner when proven wrong.

I don’t backtrack, and I own my mistakes.

Say what you want about me, but don’t ever say I backtrack. Making clarifying statements is not backtracking.

Nelson had a great game in the regular season. He was not great. Nelson had a great game in the Super Bowl.

That doesn’t mean he was great.

If it does, MVS was three times the player Nelson ever was at equal points in their careers.

Driver was old AF, injured, and wasn’t the Driver you all remember him as. Additionally, he didn’t even finish the Super Bowl.

Jones was the player everyone hated. Prone to huge drops, game losing fumbles, and overall not great at all. Average leaning below.

Jennings I said from the very beginning of this was great. Had an elite year.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Bill Schroeder had 469 more receiving yards in his third season as a Packer than Jordy Nelson did (2010).

For each...first three seasons in the league...

Schroder: 1518 yards.  7 TD's.

Nelson: 1268 yards.  6 TD's.

Just having fun with stats. 

You don't think that maybe being behind Jennings, Driver, Jones and Finley alters those stats? Jordy was probably ready for more consistent snaps earlier than he got them, but that receiver room was always stocked until he left for Graham.

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No.

So when you start acting like Jones, Driver, Nelson and Jennings was some great WR corps, that’s what I have an issue with.

That’s what I’ve said the entire time. I didn’t backtrack, and I hate that accusation.

Especially from someone who won’t even acknowledge Randy Moss was a great route runner when proven wrong.

Say what you want about me, but don’t ever say I backtrack. Making clarifying statements is not backtracking.

Nelson had a great game in the regular season. He was not great. Nelson had a great game in the Super Bowl.

If it does, MVS was three times the player Nelson ever was at equal points in their careers.

Driver was old AF, injured, and wasn’t the Driver you all remember him as. Additionally, he didn’t even finish the Super Bowl.

Jones was the player everyone hated. Prone to huge drops, game losing fumbles, and overall not great at all. Average leaning below.

If Doubs, Watson and Toure have 4000 yards and 30 TDs between the 3 of them next year and you say "well that group wasn't great in 2022!" Cool, what's your point?? You're arguing something random and of no relevance for the sake of arguing.

By the time we were playing games that were win or go home (NYG game on) that was undeniably a GREAT WR group.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's just fundamentally incorrect to say our 2010 offense wasn't "good". 

They were good/great overall in 2010 compared to the rest of the 2010 teams.

I think their undeniable success the next year casts a shadow over the fact there were signs that greatness was coming the year prior.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Doubs, Watson and Toure have 4000 yards and 30 TDs between the 3 of them next year and you say "well that group wasn't great in 2022!" Cool, what's your point?? You're arguing something random and of no relevance for the sake of arguing.

By the time we were playing games that were win or go home (NYG game on) that was undeniably a GREAT WR group.

Again, I’m not trying to make a point.

It was an innocuous statement, correcting someone who had stated it was a great WR corps.

In 2010, nobody was calling Nelson or Jones a great WR, and everyone saw Driver as aging. Lost a step.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think their undeniable success the next year casts a shadow over the fact there were signs that greatness was coming the year prior.

I always viewed 2010 as the evidence of what would become. They definitely were overall good and flashed elite. Which then solidified in 2011.

2010 team was awesome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Again, I’m not trying to make a point.

It was an innocuous statement, correcting someone who had stated it was a great WR corps.

In 2010, nobody was calling Nelson or Jones a great WR, and everyone saw Driver as aging. Lost a step.

People are always late and then overstay. 

Players are underrated until they are "proven" and then overrated after that.

This is a good example of just that.

42 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Whatever PFR uses. 

But what is your point? Our offense was 7th in DVOA. I only included ppg because outpost likes it. And even that demonstrates we were a good offense.

The offense didn't score 45+ points 3x

It's misleading to state that.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

No.

I see what you're saying.

If you look at Rodgers stats this year in the context to the 2022 QBs. Its arguable he's arguably a top 5 QB. He's Tied for 4th in TDs. Has no one to really throw to. Three years from now some can make an argument he's had a great year with no one to really throw to outside a Rookie Watson, who could be a top 5 WR by then.

Yet if you've been reading our forum and kept notes He's been pretty awful plenty of times this year.  

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Impossible, Jones and Nelson were elite already.

If they were...then Schroeder was a GOAT at that point of his career.

To be fair...I knew that Schroeder had a thousand yard season in his career.  And another one or two that were a few yards away.

I just thought they were later in his career.  They were not.  

And I did know that Jordy did very little his rookie season and second season.  I had no clue that his third season was very "meh" too.  I would have thought that year 3 was his first good production year.  And instead of that, he went from "meh" production to "elite" production in 1 year.  Skipped over the "good" and "great" production years.