Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

2 hours ago, chefj85 said:

That was the thing with Finley. He was only great in flashes. He had a habit of disappearing too. He never really lived up to his potential.

My recollection of Finley is that some of that was due to injury. Just when he would start flashing, he would get hurt.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spilltray said:

That definitely didn't help but he played 16 games in both 2011 and 2012 and he was inconsistent through it all as well.

He did average over 700 yards receiving those 2 years. Inconsistent maybe, but better than anything the Packers have had since. Plus, he had a QB who isn't usually enamored with the idea of throwing the ball over the middle of the field. Gotta wonder what he might have done with a QB like Brady or Rivers who loved utilizing Tight Ends.  

5 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

He did average over 700 yards receiving those 2 years. Inconsistent maybe, but better than anything the Packers have had since. Plus, he had a QB who isn't usually enamored with the idea of throwing the ball over the middle of the field. Gotta wonder what he might have done with a QB like Brady or Rivers who loved utilizing Tight Ends.  

It was promising but frustrating. 

Also I think Rodgers avoidance of going over the middle thing is a more recent development based on the ability of the options and whatever bit his arm has lost with age. He has thrown tons over the middle over the years usually on a "skinny post". 

On 12/10/2022 at 12:50 AM, Lodestar said:

My recollection of Finley is that some of that was due to injury. Just when he would start flashing, he would get hurt.

Finley never did recover from his injury.  And that was a shame.  Prior to the injury he was just coming into his own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Finley never did recover from his injury.  And that was a shame.  Prior to the injury he was just coming into his own.

And we haven't hit on a third rounder since.

Spoiler

Jokes aside, Morgan Burnett and Ty Montgomery did in fact give us decent returns for third round picks since then.

Doubs.  10 games played.  55 targets.  36 receptions.  369 yards.  3 TD's.  

Watson.  11 games played.  47 targets.  29 receptions.  447 yards.  7 TD's.

Toure.  8 games played.  10 targets.  5 receptions.  82 yards.  1 TD.

Totals.  112 targets.  70 receptions.  898 yards.  11 TD's.

Per Pro Football Reference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

I'm very excited for next season with these three rookie WRs. Bring back Lazard and call it a day at the position, whether it's Rodgers or Love behind center.

I’d let Lazard walk if Rodgers is back.

Need that money elsewhere if we’re paying Rodgers. I know we’ll pay him either way, but if he’s back we have a better chance at a Super Bowl, but not paying Lazard puts 8-10 million somewhere else, and we can add another 2nd or 3rd round WR in the draft.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’d let Lazard walk if Rodgers is back.

Need that money elsewhere if we’re paying Rodgers. I know we’ll pay him either way, but if he’s back we have a better chance at a Super Bowl, but not paying Lazard puts 8-10 million somewhere else, and we can add another 2nd or 3rd round WR in the draft.

That's a valid point. I like his blocking though, especially if he acts as a Big Slot for Love if we do trade Rodgers. Keeping him inside helps the shotgun running game.

If Rodgers does come back, yeah we can use that on some needed upgrades at safety, or maybe get a tight end like Hurst should Cinci not resign him 

Is Christian's body catching merely a superficial cosmetic flaw? To me it's a bit like banking in a three point shot...ugly but it counts. Yesterday there was one that got all the way into his belly before he wrapped it up--for a key first down. Ugly, but first-downy for sure.

Does anyone have a concern that it represents a stubborn limitation for him? One that should have been coached out of him long ago?