Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

On 9/19/2023 at 1:56 PM, vegas492 said:

If you Gosh Darned Mer Fers would stop talking about a curse, reverse curse or jinx, this would would all be fine.

But no, a few guys get their panties up with a$$es about this thread and then we get what we've got here.

Get back to topic.

Christian Watson has done darned little in the NFL for his career.  Pinning the hopes of a flailing offense on him is a very dangerous proposition.  Wait till he comes back and shows his dropsies, again.  Yeah, that'll be fun.  As someone once told me, he's the most overhyped player in the last few years.  And he's living up to it.  

No one could have foreseen Watson’s unsure hands, his injuries, or his inability to acclimate to an NFL route tree. It’s not like anyone called for Pickens over Watson for those reasons on draft day.

5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

No one could have foreseen Watson’s unsure hands, his injuries, or his inability to acclimate to an NFL route tree. It’s not like anyone called for Pickens over Watson for those reasons on draft day.

DOUBLE DOWN BABY

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

If there is another position other than quarterback this organization deserves a pass on regarding their draft grading is WR. You could absolutely add offensive line to this as well. 

Are you kidding me with how many great WR picks we made over the past say 15-20 years. 

I was a pick Pickens fan, but our young WR group is stacked. Watson is going to be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If there is another position other than quarterback this organization deserves a pass on regarding their draft grading is WR. You could absolutely add offensive line to this as well. 

Are you kidding me with how many great WR picks we made over the past say 15-20 years. 

I was a pick Pickens fan, but our young WR group is stacked. Watson is going to be fine. 

Fine being the key word. And I’m not saying I’m doubting, and I’m not ashamed to admit there was a couple of years there where I thought for sure Davante was a bust too (as did many on this board). But Watson still has to prove he can keep it up, and if he can’t get on the field for a whole seasons worth of games or at least close, it’s going to be hard for anyone to see him as a WR1. 

I don’t disagree with this team’s ability to find quality WRs, but to pretend Watson is a lock to be a star at this point is cart before horse. 

And as good as Pickens seems to be talent wise, he also appears to be a dumpster fire just waiting to be lit if things don’t work out in his favor.

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The same people don’t scout for the Packers as 10-15 years ago. Okay? None of the same scouts. None of the same executive staff. None of it. The Green Bay Packers aren’t a person they’re a business that’s a revolving door of employees making decisions. And while we’ve only changed GMs once in that time, everyone else is constantly changing.

There is NO correlation between the current staff and drafting anything other than OL well. No trends. Nothing. Gute’s done well drafting OL. The rest has been a crap shoot.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

The same people don’t scout for the Packers as 10-15 years ago. Okay? None of the same scouts. None of the same executive staff. None of it. The Green Bay Packers aren’t a person they’re a business that’s a revolving door of employees making decisions. And while we’ve only changed GMs once in that time, everyone else is constantly changing.

There is NO correlation between the current staff and drafting anything other than OL well. No trends. Nothing. Gute’s done well drafting OL. The rest has been a crap shoot.

You don't scout for the Packers either, as much as you believe you think you do/can.

26 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Brian Gutekunst:

1998 - 2011 - Scout Green Bay Packers

2012 - 2015 - Director of College Scouting

2015-2016 - Direct of Player Personnel

2017 - Present - General Manager

Anything else? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

You don't scout for the Packers either, as much as you believe you think you do/can.

It’s an absolutely desolate Internet forum and I’m a random nobody fan that just wants to shout his complaints about his team into somewhere that isn’t a guaranteed echo chamber so I can maybe learn a little about the team and game I follow. I don’t actually care about any of this. It’s for fun. It’s fun to try to decipher how players will do in the NFL. 

You’re on footballsfuture.com—what did you come here for? For the ****posting?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Brian Gutekunst:

1998 - 2011 - Scout Green Bay Packers

2012 - 2015 - Director of College Scouting

2015-2016 - Direct of Player Personnel

2017 - Present - General Manager

Anything else? 

How many people do you think mold a draft pick into being made? I listed Gute as the one holdover. And as you can see, his opinion wasn’t the final say until… J’Mon Moore. MVS. EQ. Amari Rodgers. Watson. Doubs. Reed. Wicks.

Gute stinks at drafting WRs. Jayden Reed looks better than all but Watson/Doubs though. At least nothing higher than a third busted. So maybe we have Gute’s best three in the last two drafts.

Me thinks Wicks finds his way into an Allen Lazard size role at this point too. More PT than he should as they try to use his body in the run game.

34 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

How many people do you think mold a draft pick into being made? I listed Gute as the one holdover. And as you can see, his opinion wasn’t the final say until… J’Mon Moore. MVS. EQ. Amari Rodgers. Watson. Doubs. Reed. Wicks.

Gute stinks at drafting WRs. Jayden Reed looks better than all but Watson/Doubs though. At least nothing higher than a third busted. So maybe we have Gute’s best three in the last two drafts.

Me thinks Wicks finds his way into an Allen Lazard size role at this point too. More PT than he should as they try to use his body in the run game.

Bust. Hit. Hit. Bust. Looks good. Looks good. Looks good. Looks good.

THIS GUY STINKS!

2 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Jon-Eric Sullivan has been scouting for the Packers for 19 years. 

Sam Seale has been scouting for the Packers for 28 years. 

Gute and all the rest of these guys are following a model set by Ron Wolf decades ago.

There is a lot more continuity than you think. 

• Like 6