Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I believe that as well.  You can make muscles stronger.  But there is not a whole lot that you can do for your ligaments, tendons, and bones.  We evolved relatively recently from a chimp-like ape.  Most likely we weren't much more than about 5'5 and 100 pounds.  I don't think there has really been time, or a selection pressure, for stronger connective tissues to compliment the muscle gains from higher calorie diets.

They're all high end athletes though.  If you get drafted in the NFL you're a high end athlete, even the guys that have a low RAS are still very good athletes. The difference between a 6' 200 guy running a 4.6 and another running a 4.3 will drastically change the RAS but both are doing extreme things human wise.

25 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I believe that as well.  You can make muscles stronger.  But there is not a whole lot that you can do for your ligaments, tendons, and bones.  We evolved relatively recently from a chimp-like ape.  Most likely we weren't much more than about 5'5 and 100 pounds.  I don't think there has really been time, or a selection pressure, for stronger connective tissues to compliment the muscle gains from higher calorie diets.

I think more of it has to do with the mentality of athletes nowadays. I don't think they are more injury prone, they just aren't willing to do what guys in the past did to stay on the field. The amount of painkillers players were taking in the 80s and 90s was insane, they just didn't know any better.

19 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

They're all high end athletes though.  If you get drafted in the NFL you're a high end athlete, even the guys that have a low RAS are still very good athletes. The difference between a 6' 200 guy running a 4.6 and another running a 4.3 will drastically change the RAS but both are doing extreme things human wise.

I think the relative part of RAS kind of does get forgotten a lot of the time. The 0-10 scale is basically where in the 99.9th percentile of people these guys land. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I think the relative part of RAS kind of does get forgotten a lot of the time. The 0-10 scale is basically where in the 99.9th percentile of people these guys land. 

That's the difference between starring in the NFL and making millions and starring on @Norm and @ThatJerkDave's bar league team and getting paid in PBR pitchers. 

• Like 1

Maybe he gets there one day, but right now, he's a number 3 receiver and not a 1. Doubs is a high 2, low 1.  Heck, Doubs could be a high 1 possession receiver for all I know, but Watson for sure isn't getting it done.  No reverse jinx in this comment. Just observation. 

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You guys and your Christian Watson slander.  

Give him a QB that throws a catchable ball and he will catch it.  

All she had to do was pull that one down in the end zone when she jumped a little early, yet got two hands on the ball.

Man, I was hoping she'd get that one.

44 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

All she had to do was pull that one down in the end zone when she jumped a little early, yet got two hands on the ball.

Man, I was hoping she'd get that one.

Yeah, 90% of pro receivers make that catch 90% of the time. That's a money catch for your next contract. You suck that ball in like the world's most powerful vacuum cleaner. Doubs would have had that one.

• Like 2

So maybe just maybe there were other reasons we waited and went with Watson who isn't a PITA. I mean imagine your primadonna WR in year two is already saying free me cause he didn't get enough balls in a single game..........boo hoo.......Gute may not rule the draft but often there are more to reasons why we don't take some guys. I get it being frustrated is one thing but this is what the GBP front office avoids is guys like this. Thank the maker. 

George Pickens seems to be getting frustrated, and he's dropping strong social-media clues of it - NBC Sports