Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

3 hours ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Green 19 podcast said that Watson let Peterson squeeze him to close to the sideline on that interception in the end zone. Can't really tell from the broadcast view, be interested to see the all 22 on that one.

He was running a down, out and up route into the sideline. Didn't look to me like Peterson had to squeeze him. Watson helped do that to himself with the route. What Watson did not do was "sell" the down and out portion of the route as he should have looked back to Love for the ball when he ran the out but did not. Once Peterson saw that Watson did not do that, he pretty much knew the up was coming and played it nicely.  Poor route by Watson, but probably also a ball that Love probably should not have been thrown there. The safety was also coming over quickly from his spot so the throw needed to be perfect and it was not. So I would also cite Love for a poor decision. A learning experience for both Watson and Love.

• Like 1

Watson needs to get his family off Twitter, or it will be a short lived stay in GB and he'll get the Claypool treatment.

As far as Watson on the field, we're 3-6. Keep going to him. LaFleur and Love share just as much blame as to why this hasn't clicked. Anyone who watched Detroit-LAC knows this is a great week to get him going. 

Does this site allow Streamable links? On another site I spent way too much time cutting up every "catchable ball" attempt in nice, clear video. Charted every pass attempt thrown his way this season. When that wasn't enough and I got told to defend myself with every pass attempt thrown his way vs Pit this week I did that too. 

the tl;dr version is Watson is the last one you have to blame for the offense's troubles this season. 

But like I said, I have every apparent mistake ready to be shared if that's possible here. Not grainy "I'm pointing my phone at the TV" crap, but actual HD video.

ETA: basically I'm asking how do you share video on this site? I did about 15 hours of video work over the last couple nights. The least I can do is share it all for you good folks. 

Edited by ReasonablySober
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Green 19 podcast said that Watson let Peterson squeeze him to close to the sideline on that interception in the end zone. Can't really tell from the broadcast view, be interested to see the all 22 on that one.

Because.Watson.Does.Not.Know.How.To.Run.Routes. 

The concept of using his size to stack the CB is completely lost on him. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

Does this site allow Streamable links? On another site I spent way too much time cutting up every "catchable ball" attempt in nice, clear video. Charted every pass attempt thrown his way this season. When that wasn't enough and I got told to defend myself with every pass attempt thrown his way vs Pit this week I did that too. 

the tl;dr version is Watson is the last one you have to blame for the offense's troubles this season. 

But like I said, I have every apparent mistake ready to be shared if that's possible here. Not grainy "I'm pointing my phone at the TV" crap, but actual HD video.

ETA: basically I'm asking how do you share video on this site? I did about 15 hours of video work over the last couple nights. The least I can do is share it all for you good folks. 

nobody wants your bad takes anyway

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

F--Z1gSXEAAQi6W?format=jpg&name=large

Our HC needs to figure out how to get his struggling WR some single coverage. If you aren't Justin Jefferson or Jamarr Chase and you lead the league in double team rate, that's just lazy coaching.

so if I read this correctly, Watson rarely faces single coverage, but when he does he doesn't get open?

Wicks gets single coverage more often, and gets open

What does 0.1 separation facing single coverage mean compared to 0.0? 0.1 yards? The gap between Mike Evans and Terrace Marshall is about 0.3 yards on average?  I suppose across 40+ snaps that is pretty substantial. 

They say % of routes against single coverage then they list the numbers as 0.30/0.35/etc.  So Watson is in single coverage on 0.25% of snaps? I'm guessing its supposed to be 25%

who makes these things

Edited by KFP7

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

F--Z1gSXEAAQi6W?format=jpg&name=large

Our HC needs to figure out how to get his struggling WR some single coverage. If you aren't Justin Jefferson or Jamarr Chase and you lead the league in double team rate, that's just lazy coaching.

Meanwhile, look at Wicks vs. Doubs...

I'd like to see just one game this year where Wicks is treated as the No. 1 guy and see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

yeah, i think the correct take is that Watson has been more or less "fine". He's still what he is. The results look even worse because MLF and Love can't figure out how to use him right. And that combined with occasional bad deep balls from Love and occasional bad effort from Watson has resulted in piss poor overall results.

It's a combination of a lot of things. But CW is still a powerful weapon.

• Like 3