Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Preach. 

I know this drives @Packerraymond insane, but the fact Watson isn't running five yard drag routes to let him pull away from slower CBs is infuriating. There's no reason that shouldn't be one of our #1 plays against zone. 

It has to be better than the 900th checkdown to a RB on some scat protection bull****. 

It seems simple enough to get Watson and Doubs some underneath stuff early on, however, the problem is that defenses really are not giving us that stuff right now because they likely don't fear the deep ball. Defenses are largely staying on top of the short passing game and will continue to do so until we hit a few deep shots. Right now, almost every underneath is being contested.  

44 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It seems simple enough to get Watson and Doubs some underneath stuff early on, however, the problem is that defenses really are not giving us that stuff right now because they likely don't fear the deep ball. Defenses are largely staying on top of the short passing game and will continue to do so until we hit a few deep shots. Right now, almost every underneath is being contested.  

It's the year of our Lord 2023. 

I promise you, we're seeing plenty of two high looks. 

Put Watson in on the left slot, put Musgrave and Doubs on the right running a deep-in and a vertical to clear out the LB, CB, and Safety. 

It's a concept every team runs to great effect. We get killed by it three times per game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Put Watson in on the left slot, put Musgrave and Doubs on the right running a deep-in and a vertical to clear out the LB, CB, and Safety. 

It's a concept every team runs to great effect. We get killed by it three times per game. 

Amen.

Seen it happen to us over and over, week after week.

Always wondered why we didn't run the same route concepts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Preach. 

I know this drives @Packerraymond insane, but the fact Watson isn't running five yard drag routes to let him pull away from slower CBs is infuriating. There's no reason that shouldn't be one of our #1 plays against zone. 

It has to be better than the 900th checkdown to a RB on some scat protection bull****. 

I think Rodgers and Love are both at 158.3 QBR when we run double cross from the 10-20 yardline with Watson/Doubs. Off the top of my head Dallas in 2022, Tennessee, Cincy in preseason and Denver were all TDs. We'll save it for 5 games from now and score another TD. 

thanks AG, should be interesting to see how things move forward. If we can limit the dam penalties and keep some drives alive. I'm not the X and O guy you and PR are but some things are clear to see if you clean the glasses. I believe in the kid though. And like you and PR would see use his speed for more then a dam fly. 

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

AG I always appreciate your X and O understanding I'd certainly vote for you as our OC or heck DC hahah. 3 times a game if we're luck with Barry. 

23 hours ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Problem is that Watson is soft!  I didn't  compare the two , just said I would rather have had Pickens, wouldn't have had to trade up to get him and quite frankly Pickens is a much more polished receiver at this point ! I know the famous Packer people debate! Bleh ! give me  the production over a team guy who doesn't produce ! I'll deal with the headache later. 

ok I get you on the non comp. I guess i read it like that. While i can get on board that the kid is raw and the packer people stuff i think it will make a huge difference in the long run. Pickens is a tool bag it takes 53 guys out there and often the guys at the bottom of the roster or guys coming in for injuries make a difference. 

i would not aurgue with you though on toughness that i can get behind it's just not PIckens. I think most of our young guys this year is going to be huge for them for next year. 

these next few games if we can build on a few things. Love can make the throws he's got the arm talent to make every throw and well. Positive power..........and if it all falls apart oh well we'll draft another:). 

• Like 1

Thinking that 5 of Love's INT's are on throws to Watson.

In crunch time, we needed a TD, we went to Watson twice, two INT's.

He's about #6 on my list of who I want a ball going to in crunch time right now.

Doubs, Jones, Musgrave, Reed, Wicks should all be ahead of him.  Don't really care about the order, either.

Maybe the light turns on for his kid at some point and time, but it will not be this year and I'm 50/50 whether it will be next year.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2023 at 6:27 PM, mtsportsfan1 said:

Problem is that Watson is soft!  I didn't  compare the two , just said I would rather have had Pickens, wouldn't have had to trade up to get him and quite frankly Pickens is a much more polished receiver at this point ! I know the famous Packer people debate! Bleh ! give me  the production over a team guy who doesn't produce ! I'll deal with the headache later. 

I get what you are saying, and even agree to some extent.  The problem with Pickens specifically is that you would be dealing with the headache now, not later.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Thinking that 5 of Love's INT's are on throws to Watson.

In crunch time, we needed a TD, we went to Watson twice, two INT's.

He's about #6 on my list of who I want a ball going to in crunch time right now.

Doubs, Jones, Musgrave, Reed, Wicks should all be ahead of him.  Don't really care about the order, either.

Maybe the light turns on for his kid at some point and time, but it will not be this year and I'm 50/50 whether it will be next year.

Watson's brother is already calling out Jordan Love about those picks on Twitter. Two more weeks and he's going to go full George Pickens.

16 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Watson's brother is already calling out Jordan Love about those picks on Twitter. Two more weeks and he's going to go full George Pickens.

He's only calling Love out to cover up his own brothers shortfalls all the moment in terms of route running, strong hands at the point of catch, ect. He's MVS right now in his second year.

I will give Watson credit, even though he is soft as Charmin, he's a pretty smart kid and has a good attitude.  He needs to work on his aggressive and hands.  He isn't hungry.

Speaking of Pickens.  What is it with these Pittsburgh WRs.  Antonio Brown, Chase Claypool, and probably Pickens next all seem to try their best to work their way out of Pittsburgh?

• Like 1