2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Something must’ve got out. Like every single mock draft has changed to Emmanuel Forbes for us. And it would play right into these guys selecting a player much higher than he should go. It’s like an every year thing now.

Forbes would be a train-wreck pick. Just pick someone relatively in the BPA range. This is why we need a GM. It's another Jahan Dotson, Jamin Davis type pick. Guys who look like they might turn into okay players but don't make much of an impact overall. 

This is my final big board for tonight: 

1) LT Broderick Jones - Getting a potential franchise LT could turn around this O-line in one year. 

2) RT Darnell Wright - I know we signed Wylie but Wright would be a tone-setter for this O-line. Wylie would move to one of the guard spots

3) RB Bijan Robinson - Doesn't look like he'll be available 

4) TE Michael Mayer - He's still my #1 TE and I think he'd really help out Sam Howell this year and any other young QB we bring in. I love this guy's character. 

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Forbes would be a train-wreck pick. Just pick someone relatively in the BPA range. This is why we need a GM. It's another Jahan Dotson, Jamin Davis type pick. Guys who look like they might turn into okay players but don't make much of an impact overall. 

Jahan was a awesome pick. In just 12 games he led the team in receiving TD's w/ 7 & made Terry like catches all year. & Jamin really started to break out the 2ne half of last year.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Jahan was a awesome pick. In just 12 games he led the team in receiving TD's w/ 7 & made Terry like catches all year. & Jamin really started to break out the 2ne half of last year.

They have to draft impact players. It's like saying we drafted an awesome Kicker in round 1. Fact is, DeAndre Carter had more yards than Jahan because Jahan had staying healthy last year. And here we are again if we draft Emmanuel friggin Forbes at 16. 

This is my final big board for tonight: 

1) LT Broderick Jones - Getting a potential franchise LT could turn around this O-line in one year. 

2) RT Darnell Wright - I know we signed Wylie but Wright would be a tone-setter for this O-line. Wylie would move to one of the guard spots

3) RB Bijan Robinson - Doesn't look like he'll be available 

4) TE Michael Mayer - He's still my #1 TE and I think he'd really help out Sam Howell this year and any other young QB we bring in. I love this guy's character. 

If we were able to draft Parris Johnson, Broderick Jones or Peter S they could start at RT and we could move Wylie to RG where he started as a young player for the Chiefs. I also think Peter S could could be a Brandon Scherff type guard. Parris Johnson also played RG in all 13 games in his sophomore season at Ohio State, he was 2nd team All-Big 10. Taking them doesn't exactly mean they are definitely our starting RT.

I still think there's a good chance we could take a CB.

I doubt Witherspoon or Gonzalez will be there, but if love to get either of them or Joey Porter Jr. Forbes may he a shocker, he has the big play ability but he's skinny so he may end up being round 2 bc of his size.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If we were able to draft Parris Johnson, Broderick Jones or Peter S they could start at RT and we could move Wylie to RG where he started as a young player for the Chiefs. I also think Peter S could could be a Brandon Scherff type guard. Parris Johnson also played RG in all 13 games in his sophomore season at Ohio State, he was 2nd team All-Big 10. Taking them doesn't exactly mean they are definitely our starting RT.

I still think there's a good chance we could take a CB.

I doubt Witherspoon or Gonzalez will be there, but if love to get either of them or Joey Porter Jr. Forbes may he a shocker, he has the big play ability but he's skinny so he may end up being round 2 bc of his size.

I only included players who I realistically thought would be there so Paris Johnson & Skoronski I left out. Who knows though. Could be something like when we landed DaRon Payne or Jonathan Allen 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, taylor made said:

They have to draft impact players. It's like saying we drafted an awesome Kicker in round 1. Fact is, DeAndre Carter had more yards than Jahan because Jahan had staying healthy last year. And here we are again if we draft Emmanuel friggin Forbes at 16. 

So bc Jahan got a hamstring injury he wasn't a great pick? Players get hamstring injuries all the time & people don't call out their injury in a rookie year.

He led all rookie WRs in TD catches despite missing 5 games with his hamstring injury. He more than proved he was a great pick last year, Jahan had a huge impact on our offense. He won Rookie of the Week in week 1 and arguably should’ve won it 1 or 2 more times.

Don't be Buddy Ryan and say “All the guy does is catch touchdowns!” 😂 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You have to consider it when it comes to a QB. An immediately regime change really hurts progress. I still stand by the fact that had KOC stuck around Dwayne would've been a different player. I don't want a QB drafted here and then immediately thwarting their development. 

I agree, not the ideal timeing, but if a qb is there you have to take a swing.  We don't have one.  Howell is a complete unknown at this point.

I guess if you draft one and he succeeds the new owner will just have to get a GM, fire Rivera as HC, make Bienemy HC to keep continuity.

• Like 1

Forbes is a tough call.  If you didn't know how much he weighed, you would rate him differently.  It isn't like he was injured in college.  But I am not sure how he can survive at 166, that is like brandon banks weight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Forbes is a tough call.  If you didn't know how much he weighed, you would rate him differently.  It isn't like he was injured in college.  But I am not sure how he can survive at 166, that is like brandon banks weight.

I like Forbes but I don't think its tough. There will likely be better prospects on the board at 16. 

• Like 3

When is too soon for the 2024 version of this thread? 

McShay just dropped his first mock, which had us starting at pick #6. He then had us moving up to draft Drake Maye at #3, which we acquired in trade from IND.

He had Caleb Williams #1, and he had TB trading up from #5 to get the top pick from ARI to take him. He then had WR Marvin Harrison (Ohio State) going #2 to ARI with their other pick. EDGE Dallas Turner (Alabama) went to TEN at #4 and CB Kool-Aid McKinstry (also Alabama) went to ARI with the pick they got from TB. IND took TE Brock Bowers (Georgia) with our original pick at #6.

A whole lot can happen in a year, obviously, but it would definitely hurt to get out-bid for Caleb Williams if we were that close and the team with the top pick was open to trading it.