2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

16 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Justin Fields has not impressed me. Yes he has developed as a running QB but this isn't fantasy football. 2167 passing yards in 14 games? 5-19 overall W-L record and 3-11 this year.

Why should I be upset that we passed on him again?

Their receivers suck as does their OL as pass blockers. They need to get upgrades on the OL & at least one more WR upgrade, if not 2. I think Mooney is a #3 in the NFL. They definitely don’t have anything resembling a #1.

You put Fields w/ Terry, Samuel & Dotson & I think he’s a better passer.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Their receivers suck as does their OL as pass blockers. They need to get upgrades on the OL & at least one more WR upgrade, if not 2. I think Mooney is a #3 in the NFL. They definitely don’t have anything resembling a #1.

You put Fields w/ Terry, Samuel & Dotson & I think he’s a better passer.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761180b3c97f30d8e79fc6

I would like to see Fields with more weapons around him. He seems to be a running QB but he doesn't have any good weapons so the jury is still out on him. However Fields is definitely a better QB than the crap we have now. The QB that fancinated me the most in 2021 draft was not ( Fields, Wilson, Lance or Jones) but Caleb Williams. That was in 2021 when he was a freshman at OU. Well I can forget that now. He's definitely a top five pick in 2024.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

But what QB is a good passer w/o good weapons? Look at the difference in Lawrence & Tua when they had good receiving weapons vs when they didn’t?

Does Lawrence really have better weapons than Fields? Fields also plays with Cole Kmet, a solid TE. Mooney had a 1000 yard season last year and Claypool had back to back 800 yard seasons with Pittsburgh. He also plays with above average running backs in David Montgomery and Khalil Herbert. I guess it is because he went to Ohio State xD

45 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Does Lawrence really have better weapons than Fields? Fields also plays with Cole Kmet, a solid TE. Mooney had a 1000 yard season last year and Claypool had back to back 800 yard seasons with Pittsburgh. He also plays with above average running backs in David Montgomery and Khalil Herbert. I guess it is because he went to Ohio State xD

Yes, Christian Kirk, Zay Jones, Evan Ingram, Travis Etiene & Marvin Jones. You better go check the Jags production.