2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He just strikes me as another Blaine Gabbert. I see nothing when I watch this dude play that makes me think he should go in the first round. I could be completely wrong about him but man was he awful every time I watched Kentucky. 

I’m not really sold on him either. Saw the post on Twitter and thought you guys might want to see it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He just strikes me as another Blaine Gabbert. I see nothing when I watch this dude play that makes me think he should go in the first round. I could be completely wrong about him but man was he awful every time I watched Kentucky. 

I too must have only watched his bad games.

• Like 1

I’m starting to feel like you almost have to take one of Skoranski or Johnson Jr in the first. I really want Mayer, Robinson or Porter Jr. but I don’t see how this team can pass on OL? You cannot go into next season with Norwell starting and Johnson/Skoranski allows you to kick Cosmi inside. Hell, I’m not totally opposed to going OT in the first and then trading back up to get Torrance and just fixing this OL in one fell swoop. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m starting to feel like you almost have to take one of Skoranski or Johnson Jr in the first. I really want Mayer, Robinson or Porter Jr. but I don’t see how this team can pass on OL? You cannot go into next season with Norwell starting and Johnson/Skoranski allows you to kick Cosmi inside. Hell, I’m not totally opposed to going OT in the first and then trading back up to get Torrance and just fixing this OL in one fell swoop. 

Now we might be in line to draft one of the 2 OTs you mentioned. If you want Torrence you might have to do that but you can get John Michael Schmitz C/Minn, Vorhees G/USC, Patterson C/G ND, Beebe G Kansas St. Wypler C Ohio St. to name a few. 
Personally would want JM Schmitz despite him being older. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 6:48 AM, lavar703 said:

Yeah I agree. I wanted to take a CB so long in round 1 but if we don’t trade up for a QB, I think we have to go OL. The way the OL played the last month of the season & the first month of the season after Roullier went down was a major problem. 

I think I pointed this out before, I can’t remember who said it, but someone pointed out on the radio that we were 6-1 with Tyler Larsen as our C. Seems like he was our best center all year.

22 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Now we might be in line to draft one of the 2 OTs you mentioned. If you want Torrence you might have to do that but you can get John Michael Schmitz C/Minn, Vorhees G/USC, Patterson C/G ND, Beebe G Kansas St. Wypler C Ohio St. to name a few. 
Personally would want JM Schmitz despite him being older. 

Yeah, there’s a lot of good prospects for OL in round 2 we could take. We don’t have to trade back up into round 1 to ensure we get a good interior OL prospect, especially when we’re hopefully picking 42nd.

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Oh yay, a 3rd round pick and all it took was dismantling our OL lol

It's amazing that they could have just built the team around Heinicke and we are probably in the playoffs. It would have been expensive but you could have franchised Sherff, resigned DeAndre Carter and drafted someone like Tyler Linderbaum and we could had actually had a decent OL. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, taylor made said:

It's amazing that they could have just built the team around Heinicke and we are probably in the playoffs. It would have been expensive but you could have franchised Sherff, resigned DeAndre Carter and drafted someone like Tyler Linderbaum and we could had actually had a decent OL. 

Very true. The ramifications of the Wentz trade were damning. I never agreed with the “well they had to do something” crowd. Especially considering they could’ve stood Pat where they were in the draft and got the “best” QB available in Pickett. It was a desperate move by Rivera which hurt the team badly. What made it worse is Heinicke is just a flat out better player at this point. 

I’m terrified of what they’ll do going into this season. My guess is they’ll make a major push for Carr and we’ll be back in this situation all over again. 

• Like 2

In Bold who we need to win: 

New Orleans already up 7-0 on Carolina. I think NO should win this.

Can NY Jets beat a Miami Dolphins team fighting for their playoff lives? Miami is starting a rookie QB with Joe Flacco at QB for the Jets. This one seems 50/50

Another game with playoff implication: CLE vs Pitt. Will Cleveland Browns put up a fight against the Steelers? They have the division rivalry going on but I have my doubts. Pittsburgh is about to score. 

I am projecting that we end up with the 13th pick.  

Edited by taylor made