2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

11 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm not going to get into the draft discussion, until I see what happens with ownership.

What's the point?

I'm of the belief, that new ownership will be here in a month. All staff will be relieved of their duties & the discussion will be what coaches were bringing in.

I'm expecting a VERY aggressive FA, so that will probably shape up what we might be targeting in the draft & mainly 1st Rd.

And what coaches we bring in, will probably shape what type of team we're building.

This coaching staff has to go, imo. They are chasing their tail & don't seem to have any clue what's best for the team regarding the QB situation.

I'm only hoping we get a new owner, before Rivera & staff can screw the team up too much.

I have zero confidence in their abilities to make sound decisions regarding this team.

Keeping my 🤞 crossed.

New owners cleaning house in May would be a horrible look into what the new owner would be going forward. That would end very bad next season.Like staffs are way too far along by then.

Edited by ripsean21

Trade our 16th for Trey Lance? Hell no

I'm not sure I would trade a day 3 pick for him.

Now if Bears take Bryce Young @#1 & want to trade Justin Fields to us?

Then, I would be open to that discussion.

But don't we want to see what our very own Sam Howell can do here?

I mean, why trade valuable resources for a QB? When we possibly already have one here?

That O-line needs addressed something awful. 

I'd prefer to start Howell & address our O-line & other areas, personally.

Edited by aceinthehouse

45 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I've watched plenty of Lance, being I graduated from NDSU (where he played college). I am so far out on Lance and want absolutely nothing to do with him in Washington.

I loved him leading up to the draft but he is a major project. You can’t give up high picks for him. I bet he gets dealt to McVay and the Rams. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I loved him leading up to the draft but he is a major project. You can’t give up high picks for him. I bet he gets dealt to McVay and the Rams. 

Live arm, slow progressions, inaccurate, often times would have his first read get taken away and would take off running because he is a good athlete, especially in the FCS. They also did a lot of QB runs with him which he was good at at that level. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I've watched plenty of Lance, being I graduated from NDSU (where he played college). I am so far out on Lance and want absolutely nothing to do with him in Washington.

JMU alum here. Had we actually spied him in the natty, I think we would've won that one.

He's a great athlete, for sure. I think he's a great runner. But as a passer? I think he needs time to develop. And by time, I think it could be a few years or not at all. The 49ers fell in love with his athleticism and drafted him WAYYYYY too high.

• Like 1

Just think about how monumentally bad that trade was and the only reason nobody talks about it is because the Niners are good. Finding Purdy adds to that as well. I do wonder how Purdy would play on the Texans or a bottom feeder but then at the same time he’s being put in a position to succeed and that’s the best way to develop a young QB. Kudos to the Niners. 

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

JMU alum here. Had we actually spied him in the natty, I think we would've won that one.

He's a great athlete, for sure. I think he's a great runner. But as a passer? I think he needs time to develop. And by time, I think it could be a few years or not at all. The 49ers fell in love with his athleticism and drafted him WAYYYYY too high.

I agree with you completely. He is a good athlete there's no doubt about that. 

I prayed Washington wasn't going to trade up to get him because I knew he wasn't even close to ready and I think if you're going to be trading a ton of assets to get someone, they better be ready. 

• Like 1

Still early. I really believe Kincaid and Duncan the Md Ot will be much higher. Also I think there’s a huge chance I drop Porter behind the Utah CB because I’m currently working his tape and he might become my 1. But this is my early big board currently

https://thedraftnetwork.com/big-board/codys-first-2023-big-board/