2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

CJ Stroud the dream for me at the moment though you'd have to trade up to 2 to get him and he might go 1 after the UGA game.

All the draft talk doesn't matter to we know how the offseason plays out
Ron still here we prob end up with a Vet QB like Carr or Mayfield
Flashy owner we could end up with Sean Payton and Brady
Lowkey Owner we could end up with Demaco Ryans and Jimmy G
Future looking owner could end up with a offensive coach like Lions OC and future plan trading up and getting a QB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

CJ Stroud the dream for me at the moment though you'd have to trade up to 2 to get him and he might go 1 after the UGA game.

All the draft talk doesn't matter to we know how the offseason plays out
Ron still here we prob end up with a Vet QB like Carr or Mayfield
Flashy owner we could end up with Sean Payton and Brady
Lowkey Owner we could end up with Demaco Ryans and Jimmy G
Future looking owner could end up with a offensive coach like Lions OC and future plan trading up and getting a QB

I’d rather just go forward with youth. Draft someone to compete w/ Heinicke & Howell but, I am fine with Carr as long as we’re not trading for him.

I’d rather have Jimmy G though bc Jimmy G has won more big games. 

One of the toughest evals of the year, I think, is going to be Peter Skoronski. 

As far as we’re concerned, I can definitely imagine “Skoronski’s arms” becoming this year’s “Pickett’s hands” in terms of the measurement we’re all preoccupied with. I try not to get too obsessive with the measurables — but 33” is pretty much the drop-dead cutoff point for OT arm length, and there are those who think he’s going to fall short. Teven Jenkins was one of the last guys who was hovering around that cutoff line, and he’s already gotten kicked inside to guard. 

Skoronski is good, though. Bordering on “really good,” I think. He’s got good feet, he anchors quickly, he has a surprising ability to take on a defender’s momentum and then gather himself to counter-punch, he moves nicely to the second level and when pulling, and he looks to blast you when he gets a chance. 

But watch the PSU game, for example, and you see the trouble he has with these long-armed athletes getting into him. Doesn’t matter how good you are if the defender can get his hands on you but you can’t get yours on him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or do you trade up for Stroud if he slips behind Young and Levis?

I'm not a Stroud guy, BUT if you can get it for the Fields deal, yeah sure. That's fine, would be worth the shot. I kinda doubt he goes behind Levis, but I've been plenty wrong before.

edit: So I think your scenario, assuming cards fall certain ways, would be something like us trading #12, #43 and #95 for #6 more or less. One guess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Or do you trade up for Stroud if he slips behind Young and Levis?

I’d be pretty cool to get Stroud, I do think he has the most talent of any QB in this draft.

I will be watching Levis closely over the next 3 months bc I really want to see what he has and if he’s worth a top 10 pick. I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m open to it.

On 1/3/2023 at 11:17 AM, e16bball said:

One of the toughest evals of the year, I think, is going to be Peter Skoronski. 

As far as we’re concerned, I can definitely imagine “Skoronski’s arms” becoming this year’s “Pickett’s hands” in terms of the measurement we’re all preoccupied with. I try not to get too obsessive with the measurables — but 33” is pretty much the drop-dead cutoff point for OT arm length, and there are those who think he’s going to fall short. Teven Jenkins was one of the last guys who was hovering around that cutoff line, and he’s already gotten kicked inside to guard. 

Skoronski is good, though. Bordering on “really good,” I think. He’s got good feet, he anchors quickly, he has a surprising ability to take on a defender’s momentum and then gather himself to counter-punch, he moves nicely to the second level and when pulling, and he looks to blast you when he gets a chance. 

But watch the PSU game, for example, and you see the trouble he has with these long-armed athletes getting into him. Doesn’t matter how good you are if the defender can get his hands on you but you can’t get yours on him.

He may be a kick inside to guard candidate too I guess.

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He just strikes me as another Blaine Gabbert. I see nothing when I watch this dude play that makes me think he should go in the first round. I could be completely wrong about him but man was he awful every time I watched Kentucky.