2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

McCarthy… overrated

So Fields and Stroud struggle in their first playoff game and they get passes but McCarthy runs toe to toe in his and he’s over rated!?!? I call bias. People develop. Even Michigan guys. I hate when people disregard a whole line of work for a okay outing in a NFL like atmosphere or as close as you can get in a college game. I’d say leading a team to 35plus against that TCU defense which is a dog mentality defense is okay

Edited by ripsean21

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I mean CJ Stroud…

Ohio State Football GIF by Ohio State Athletics

He is a stud!!! I’d love to see either of the top 2 here. I wish we had a better QB development program because I love Levis because his raw abilities. And we talk about QB’s without weapons in college Levis is almost Josh Allen level in that light. But I just don’t know if we could tap those tools because he has all world ability

16 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

So Fields and Stroud struggle in their first playoff game and they get passes but McCarthy runs toe to toe in his and he’s over rated!?!? I call bias. People develop. Even Michigan guys. I hate when people disregard a whole line of work for a okay outing in a NFL like atmosphere or as close as you can get in a college game. I’d say leading a team to 35plus against that TCU defense which is a dog mentality defense is okay

McCarthy just isn’t that good. The dude is not completing the same kinds of passes that Fields & Stroud did, he’s not as complete as a passer. McCarthy’s whole line of work isn’t impressive if you watch the Michigan offense. I know it seems I’m being biased, but I’m not.

What can you possibly see out of McCarthy that’s making you think top 10 pick?

Their stats in their first years starting:

McCarthy: 2700 yds & 22 TDs 

Stroud: 4435 yds & 44 TDs

Fields: 3273 yds, 41 TDs

Edited by turtle28

After watching the Michigan-TCU game, I came away impressed with Dylan Horton, DT for TCU. He was an animal. Reminded me a lot of watching Jon Allen play. I think he will be a good pro at the next level.

Also the Georgia TE, Brock Bowers looked really good too. I believe he is a true Sophomore though, so he won't be able to come out for another year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

After watching the Michigan-TCU game, I came away impressed with Dylan Horton, DT for TCU. He was an animal. Reminded me a lot of watching Jon Allen play. I think he will be a good pro at the next level.

He made a play that I absolutely loved, where McCarthy escaped the pocket and ran for like 50 yards in a big loop and ended up on a beeline for the corner of the endzone. Would have scored had it not been for big 98 busting his tail to knock him out at the 2 (which ultimately saved 7 points when UM tried that weird Philly Special on 4th down). 

Found the video:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Since 2016, our first round picks have been as follows:

And fans wonder why we stay mediocre. We’re picking in the mid of the 1st round every year which means we’re rarely getting the top prospects when we draft.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And fans wonder why we stay mediocre. We’re picking in the mid of the 1st round every year which means we’re rarely getting the top prospects when we draft.

And because we had a crap owner forcing picks and people not listening to the guys who DID know what they were talking about, we needed more top of the round picks so that the guy available was a "no brainer" and not the whole "should we take Sweat or Haskins with this 1st round pick?"

• Like 1

I get that he's the favorite whipping boy for some, but the amount of people blaming Kirk today for our elimination is ridiculous. He, and the Vikes, could've balled out today and it wouldn't have changed the fact that we crapped the bed against an, allegedly, inferior team.

We had our destiny in our hands. When we don't win, don't blame others for not "helping" us.

We didn't get it done. No one to blame but ourselves.