2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sure why we’d draft either of those two bc we have Howell. Neither of those two even showed as much as Howell in college. They haven’t even shown as much as Hooker, but Hooker will go round 2 or 3 bc of his knee injury & age IMO.

If they do take one of them in round 1, it’s definitely an indictment on what they think of Howell though.

Personally I’m hoping Howell has shown enough for that too be the case. We shall see I do like enough variations of guys I do have grades on to be happy with this class in a multitude of ways. I think we can do a good job filling holes in FA and then focusing on continuing the direction of this teams future through the draft. Personally I hope we can do something this offseason to collect a few future picks in the next years draft because that’s a class I want to see us moving around in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Btw, I want to add.

Logan Thomas has to go. He's been a detriment to this team in the last month.

I want him gone. I'm starting to feel the Willie Jackson dislike in him.

Unless he miraculously shows up these final weeks, I want his *** off the team by trade, or cut.

Even if his cap hit hurts.

Cutting him would be very beneficial. Save 5.25 against 3.5 dead. Post June is 1.75 now and next year with $7 million saved

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Cutting him would be very beneficial. Save 5.25 against 3.5 dead. Post June is 1.75 now and next year with $7 million saved

The only way I do it is if you’re able to draft Mayer in round 1 or Darnell Washington from GA in round 2.

Other than that it doesn’t make sense bc Bates hasn’t shown he’s good enough as a receiver to be a #1 TE & we’ve seen basically nothing out of Cole Turner to prove that he can handle being a #1 TE.

Just saving $5 mil & losing your starting TE to just save $5 mil doesn’t make any sense to me. Now, if you need that $5 mil to re-sign Payne, Holcomb & sign a vet CB like Bradberry, then, that makes sense.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Btw, I want to add.

Logan Thomas has to go. He's been a detriment to this team in the last month.

I want him gone. I'm starting to feel the Willie Jackson dislike in him.

Unless he miraculously shows up these final weeks, I want his *** off the team by trade, or cut.

Even if his cap hit hurts.

Asking a TE to block an elite edge rusher one on one doesn’t make sense. Very few can do it. I again put that on Scotty. Now, if they just use him as a chipper & then he goes out for a 5 yard pattern in the flat he’ll be good on that. That’s what they should be doing.

Edited by turtle28

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only way I do it is if you’re able to draft Mayer in round 1 or Darnell Washington from GA in round 2.

Other than that it doesn’t make sense bc Bates hasn’t shown he’s good enough as a recorder to be a #1 Te & we’ve seen basically nothing out of Cole Turner to prove that he can handle being a #1.

Just saving $5 mil & losing your starting TE to just save $5 mil doesn’t make any sense to me. Now, if you need that $5 mil to re-sign Payne, Holcomb & a vet CB like Bradberry, then, that makes sense.

There's a halfway decent TE FA market I think too. 

If Bryce Young is avalible when the Bears are picking we should really consider a package to send them. I do like Strouds size and I think He has enough mobility. But if I was gonna take a guy I’d bank it in Bryce. He’s had great talent around him but he’s a gamer!! His size means we’d have to focus on OL in FA after resigning Payne and our guys. 

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

If Bryce Young is avalible when the Bears are picking we should really consider a package to send them. I do like Strouds size and I think He has enough mobility. But if I was gonna take a guy I’d bank it in Bryce. He’s had great talent around him but he’s a gamer!! His size means we’d have to focus on OL in FA after resigning Payne and our guys. 

I’d definitely trade up for Bryce if we’re able to, but I don’t expect Rivera to do it. It’s obvious he doesn’t like to trade up and give up future assets, that’s the excuse he gave for not wanting to trade up to draft Fields or Mac Jones in 2021.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I'd probably take Irv Smith over him. 

No way. Logan isn’t getting many targets bc he’s being asked to block a lot bc of our OL troubles & bc we’re pushing the ball downfield to our WRs more than we did in 2020 or 21, but that doesn’t mean Logan isn’t still capable of having a 5-10 catch game for 60-100 yds w/ 1 or 2 TDs if he has enough targets but we knew with Samuel being healthy & the addition of Dotson that it would take targets away from Logan & our RBs which it has.

Logan not getting more targets isn’t his fault, just like it wasn’t McKissic’s fault when he was playing or Gibby’s fault. We’re throwing to Terry, Dotson & Samuel more than the RBs & TEs or, we’re running the ball.

Edited by turtle28