Jimmy G is staying

John232

8 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I just don't see them making the change without an injury. Now, couple these results with some sort of a nagging injury and yeah.

That's the other thing. Let's say Lance is 2-2, gets hurt and Jimmy plays well and wins 3 games to get to 5-2, one of which would be a tough matchup. Going back to Lance for the Rams and chargers? He loses those two very reasonable games to lose you going back to Jimmy then? 

Ultimately this means nothing is the team is dedicated to letting Lance get his struggles in, but that's going to get pretty fuzzy

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's the other thing. Let's say Lance is 2-2, gets hurt and Jimmy plays well and wins 3 games to get to 5-2, one of which would be a tough matchup. Going back to Lance for the Rams and chargers? He loses those two very reasonable games to lose you going back to Jimmy then? 

Ultimately this means nothing is the team is dedicated to letting Lance get his struggles in, but that's going to get pretty fuzzy

I think you see the team go back to Lance regardless. They said it is his. I believe them when they say that. Even if it means people dont get why. I actually see the team at 2-2 after the first 4. Obviously we cant project injuries, but Im sure at some point Lance will be battling through something. 

10 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I think you see the team go back to Lance regardless. They said it is his. I believe them when they say that. Even if it means people dont get why. I actually see the team at 2-2 after the first 4. Obviously we cant project injuries, but Im sure at some point Lance will be battling through something. 

I see 2-2 as well 😂

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Very possible, and Lance being a complete disaster could and probably should mean the end of Shanny. But if Jimmy turns it around & makes another run like last year, it would save Kyle's job.

Kyle's job is not in jeopardy. He has about as much job security as anyone in the NFL, regardless of how lance performs. 

Jed learned his lesson and Kyle is still pretty young (relatively)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Obviously. Lance will say he’s happy about it and he’ll want to believe in his heart he is cuz it’s good for the team and even personally for him to have Jimmy to mentor him. But no one truly wants someone competent waiting in the wings in case they screw up. Just like last year Jimmy wasn’t thrilled that they traded up for Lance. But I do firmly believe that all this crap about maybe Jimmy will start week 1 and all that, it’s utter BS and the team has definitely committed to Lance. Jimmy is the back up and they have every hope and intention it stays that way. The rest is just the media trying to get some clicks. 

19 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Obviously. Lance will say he’s happy about it and he’ll want to believe in his heart he is cuz it’s good for the team and even personally for him to have Jimmy to mentor him. But no one truly wants someone competent waiting in the wings in case they screw up. Just like last year Jimmy wasn’t thrilled that they traded up for Lance. But I do firmly believe that all this crap about maybe Jimmy will start week 1 and all that, it’s utter BS and the team has definitely committed to Lance. Jimmy is the back up and they have every hope and intention it stays that way. The rest is just the media trying to get some clicks. 

Trey needs to win those 4 winnable games in the first 6. 4-5 in the first nine would be staying afloat, I'm not sure I want to see what happens at 3-6. 

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Mike Silver was a OG reporter but he had a huge swing & miss recently, so i'm not sure how good his sources are nowadays

It really does seem like this regime fixed the leak problem. There is not a single reporter out there that has a good read on this team anymore. This also explains why Matt M.‘s credibility has taken a nosedive in recent years. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GW21 said:

It really does seem like this regime fixed the leak problem. There is not a single reporter out there that has a good read on this team anymore. This also explains why Matt M.‘s credibility has taken a nosedive in recent years. 

I mean Silver was the one that reported the arm fatigue issue with Lance that others like Maiocco also heard which proved to be true...kind of lol. 

There may not be as many leaks but some coaches will still open up when reached out by reporters. 

• Like 1

yeah, Middlekauf was saying Silver is widely known as one of the most connected dudes in the league. 

These Haberman and Middlekauf pods are rough. Really agreeing that Shanny is more focused on winning now then getting Lance snaps and developing and that it could lead to a real short leash. 

I agree that Shanny job, especially after last year, is not in danger of Lance busts, but mortgaging the future on  QB who immediately busts out must result in heads rolling, it’s unconscionable. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This makes more sense than the recent estimates of the cap hit.

Okay, still gives us a good amount of cap space to make a potential midseason move. 

Woof. 

Want to see the breakdown on that. Some of this has to be coming back if he doesn't play or this is yikes. 

• Like 1