2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

40 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Why not though? I thought having Stroud stay would just increase Chicago's leverage with the number 1 pick. 

Bryce Young doesn't "check all the boxes" so there may be some QB hungry teams that want nothing to do with him.

Houston is taking a QB at 2 so the lure we have is "trade up to pick #1 and guarantee that you get your guy".

47 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Why not though? I thought having Stroud stay would just increase Chicago's leverage with the number 1 pick. 

Exactly my thoughts. With less viable QBs entering that just skyrockets the value of the #1 pick.

Also will help us if we're in the market for a QB next year if for whatever reason Fields doesn't progress as we all hope he does

Quick little mock:

1.1 Colts Bryce Young QB

1.2 Texans Jalen Carter DT

(they trade a 3rd for Carr after Stroud stays in school)

1.3 Cards Will Anderson Edge 

1.4 Raiders Will Levis QB

1.5 Seahawks Myles Murphy edge

1.6 Lions Bryan Bresee DL

1.7 Bears Tyree Wilson edge 

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Quick little mock:

1.1 Colts Bryce Young QB

1.2 Texans Jalen Carter DT

(they trade a 3rd for Carr after Stroud stays in school)

1.3 Cards Will Anderson Edge 

1.4 Raiders Will Levis QB

1.5 Seahawks Myles Murphy edge

1.6 Lions Bryan Bresee DL

A Carr in Texas again? Not sure how I would feel if I were a fan of that franchise hahaha

11 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

If you're really into the possibility of trading TWICE the Stroud news could be a bummer, but hard to see how #1 doesn't get more competition if there's only Young at the top.  I don't know seriously to take Levis or Richardson as it's quite frankly awesome not to have to care about draft QBs like usual. 

The idea that someone could take Levis 1st overall still seems a little ridiculous to me. I get it - he’s got physical gifts. I’ve seen the “Well imagine if he had more talent around him” arguments too but they seem to ignore that he couldn’t beat out the incredibly middling Sean Clifford at Penn State in 2020 before transferring to Kentucky, and 23 INT across 24 games at Kentucky suggests he makes poor decisions with the football too. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The idea that someone could take Levis 1st overall still seems a little ridiculous to me. I get it - he’s got physical gifts. I’ve seen the “Well imagine if he had more talent around him” arguments too but they seem to ignore that he couldn’t beat out the incredibly middling Sean Clifford at Penn State in 2020 before transferring to Kentucky, and 23 INT across 24 games at Kentucky suggests he makes poor decisions with the football too. 

The only way it makes any sense is if you throw away the 2022 tape and view his potential in what was essentially McVay’s scene in 2021…even at that it’s a big leap to him being the #1 pick…that said I don’t really care as long as it drives up the value of the Pick haha

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I really like Wilson, especially for this system. But the more I look at it, unless Anderson/Carter are there I think Wilson is the blatantly obvious Seahawks pick

That would probably leave us with Myles Murphy in this scenario, which I would also be completely happy with

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The idea that someone could take Levis 1st overall still seems a little ridiculous to me.

It’s people looking at him and convincing themselves that he could be Josh Allen

I do understand that he lost a lot from his 2021 team, but not enough to have the fall off that he did. I would never want anything to do with him, but lesser football people (owners) will convince themselves. It happens almost every year. 

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It’s people looking at him and convincing themselves that he could be Josh Allen

I do understand that he lost a lot from his 2021 team, but not enough to have the fall off that he did. I would never want anything to do with him, but lesser football people (owners) will convince themselves. It happens almost every year. 

The old adage that all it takes is one will be on full display with Levis, if Stroud doesn't declare before tomorrow.  Leaving only Young (who we know some teams will likely take off the board after the combine), and Richardson (who has all the measurables you could ever ask for, but bad tape).  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

While I agree, don't discount college coaches being either stupid or cowards. Jake Fromm kept Fields on the sideline, and I think we all could see the obvious jump in talent that Fields offered. Fromm was efficient but his big deal was the high floor and letting the talent around him make plays. Same with Clifford I'd imagine. Trusting the higher floor even if it comes with a really limited ceiling.

Just flipped on the tape of the 2nd round MLB prospects

TRENTON SIMPSON, CLEMSON JUNIOR | 6-3, 240

DREW SANDERS, ARKANSAS RS SOPHOMORE | 6-5, 233

JACK CAMPBELL, IOWA SENIOR | 6-5, 246

Address DL in the first round with Jalen Carter or Will Anderson after trading back we should start looking for a MLB of the future. Are we confident in Sanborn to turn into full-time starter vs paying a free-agent like Edmunds? risk vs. reward

Drew Sanders is interesting to me, he's an Alabama transfer who had huge production last season. Although he played more outside and off-ball the blitzing ability is impressive and he seems instinctive and athletic to make plays in the 4-3.

In my first PFF mock I traded back a couple spots for Jalen Carter. Picked up Sanders in the 2nd along with Jalin Hyatt with the additional 2nd we acquired. We could even pair Campbell and Sanders together as Campbell is a more traditional mike.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

Just flipped on the tape of the 2nd round MLB prospects

TRENTON SIMPSON, CLEMSON JUNIOR | 6-3, 240

DREW SANDERS, ARKANSAS RS SOPHOMORE | 6-5, 233

JACK CAMPBELL, IOWA SENIOR | 6-5, 246

Address DL in the first round with Jalen Carter or Will Anderson after trading back we should start looking for a MLB of the future. Are we confident in Sanborn to turn into full-time starter vs paying a free-agent like Edmunds? risk vs. reward

Drew Sanders is interesting to me, he's an Alabama transfer who had huge production last season. Although he played more outside and off-ball the blitzing ability is impressive and he seems instinctive and athletic to make plays in the 4-3.

In my first PFF mock I traded back a couple spots for Jalen Carter. Picked up Sanders in the 2nd along with Jalin Hyatt with the additional 2nd we acquired. We could even pair Campbell and Sanders together as Campbell is a more traditional mike.

I think Simpson gets into the 1st but I would have love to get Sanders or Campbell. Sanders can play the WILL more naturally but Campbell is damn good in zone coverage. 

Sanders might get into the 1st with a really good combine but I think both are 2nd rounders. 

WILL- Sanders

MIKE- Campbell 

SAM- Sanborn

That's a damn good group to develop.