2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

43 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t know that it’s behind the scenes drama as much as Daniels not being a very good passer might frustrate his receivers. Daniels has always been a guy to immediately bail and run when his first read isn’t there. He has basically zero patience in the pocket, and if Boutte isn’t read 1 on a play he’s very seldomly going to get the ball. It shows immaturity on his part how he handled that yesterday, but at the same time I get it too. He’s inarguably (IMO) the most talented skill position player on that offense. 

Daniels wasn't the problem last night. The one pass hit Boutte in the nuts at the goal line and he was watching the safety. If he doesn't want to play because he doesn't want to get hurt to affect his draft status, leave the team and go start training for the NFL. 

What I saw of him, no thanks. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t know that it’s behind the scenes drama as much as Daniels not being a very good passer might frustrate his receivers. Daniels has always been a guy to immediately bail and run when his first read isn’t there. He has basically zero patience in the pocket, and if Boutte isn’t read 1 on a play he’s very seldomly going to get the ball. It shows immaturity on his part how he handled that yesterday, but at the same time I get it too. He’s inarguably (IMO) the most talented skill position player on that offense. 

Can't blame the QB for a WR who drops the ball, can't get open, and plays scared. 

• Like 1

Only at half time of the game right now but no doubt Boutte’s performance so far has been concerning…

It’s good to see Florida State being competitive again…I remember them being a big deal when I first started watching college football but it seems to have been down hill ever since…some real standouts on that DL…maybe the least talented of the starting four is the #6 Briggs Jr but man there aren’t many humans on the planet walking around as put together as he is…first guy off the bus every time if I was the coach hahaha

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Can't blame the QB for a WR who drops the ball, can't get open, and plays scared. 

I’m not blaming Daniels for Boutte’s own failures at all. Just pointing that Daniels being not very good as a passer doesn’t do Boutte any favors either. Daniels bailing on the pocket (which he does almost immediately all the time) is going to take opportunities away from every WR on that team that isn’t the first option on any given passing play. That aside, Boutte can’t play timid like he seemed to last night. If he’s playing not to get hurt I agree he should just sit. He’s not Ja’Marr Chase talent-wise though and needs to ball out to keep his lofty preseason draft status projection IMO. 

42 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not blaming Daniels for Boutte’s own failures at all. Just pointing that Daniels being not very good as a passer doesn’t do Boutte any favors either. Daniels bailing on the pocket (which he does almost immediately all the time) is going to take opportunities away from every WR on that team that isn’t the first option on any given passing play. That aside, Boutte can’t play timid like he seemed to last night. If he’s playing not to get hurt I agree he should just sit. He’s not Ja’Marr Chase talent-wise though and needs to ball out to keep his lofty preseason draft status projection IMO. 

LSU have always been a weird school for me when it comes to QBs (outside of Burrow) year after year they have quality WRs…a good running game & defence and yet they very very rarely ever have real talent at QB…with the transfer portal I figured QBs would be falling over themselves to get there.

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Jordan Addison continues to look like a stud receiver. Idk if he’s worthy of a top 10 pick but he’s a guy I’d love to see in a Bears uni next year. 

He doesn't have the real size we are looking for in an outside WR but damn he is fluid and smart in his routes...not strong but does have really good contact balance...little bit of Stefon Diggs in his game IMO.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

He doesn't have the real size we are looking for in an outside WR but damn he is fluid and smart in his routes...not strong but does have really good contact balance...little bit of Stefon Diggs in his game IMO.

Kinda has some Mooney to his game TBH. And I see some of Diggs in Mooney too, so I guess I agree lol. Addison is listed 6’0” 174 lb. I think at that height you’d hope he could play at like 185-190, but he’s not small

• Like 1

If Mooney shows he can be a #1 then WR becomes less of a priority IMO. You can find a good #2 in the 2nd or mid rounds. Besides, Marvin Harrison Jr will be available in 2024 if need be.

I said this a few weeks ago.

I'm telling you...he's gonna be a dog....if we still need a true #1 in 2024 then I want him!  He plays so much like his pops did but bigger at 6'4!  Harrison sr was 6'1 but ran like he was 5'10,  high pointed the ball like he was 6'3 with great hands, and was masterful route runner. Jr. Needs to clean up his breaks on sharp cuts and get a little bit stronger to fight off contact so he can play to his true size, but all of that comes with growth, time, experience, and good coaching.

Yes....I'm fully on the hype train. Hell, as far I'm concerned...I manufactured, produced and distributed the train itself lol.

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Jordan Addison continues to look like a stud receiver. Idk if he’s worthy of a top 10 pick but he’s a guy I’d love to see in a Bears uni next year. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

He has Juju 2.0 written all over him....in a good way with alot more drive IMO.

Another big week for some WRs who intrigue me...

Jordan Addison...7 Rec...172 yards...2 TDs

Cedric Tillman...Tennessee...9 rec...162 yards...1 TD

Rashee Rice...SMU...9 rec...152 yards...2 TDs

Bryce Ford-Wheaton...WVU...11 rec...152 yards...2 TDs

Zakhari Franklin...UTSA...10 rec...122 yards...2 TDs (confirmed Bears personnel at the game)

Another pretty terrible day for Kayshon Boutte (5 rec...42 yards...0 TD) & Quintin Johnston (2 rec...22 yards...0 TDs) both against much inferior competition...no doubt QB play has an impact but for these guys to be high 1st rounders they have to find ways to over come that.

16 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I said this a few weeks ago.

I'm telling you...he's gonna be a dog....if we still need a true #1 in 2024 then I want him!  He plays so much like his pops did but bigger at 6'4!  Harrison sr was 6'1 but ran like he was 5'10,  high pointed the ball like he was 6'3 with great hands, and was masterful route runner. Jr. Needs to clean up his breaks on sharp cuts and get a little bit stronger to fight off contact so he can play to his true size, but all of that comes with growth, time, experience, and good coaching.

Yes....I'm fully on the hype train. Hell, as far I'm concerned...I manufactured, produced and distributed the train itself lol.

MHJ would be the #1 receiver in this class if he was eligible by a wiiiide margin