2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

Maybe it is just the defensive guy in me but I am just struggling with the idea of taking a WR in the 1st round this year...if there was an utter stud like Marvin Harrison Jr I would be all for it but this year I just can't justify it...one position I do think holds enough value to take in the 1st and would also open us up to releasing a veteran and give ourselves more cap space is DE...

I was a big fan of keeping Robert Quinn this year as a leader, teacher & hopefully impact pass rusher but that just hasn't worked out so far...if we cut him next year with the post June 1st designation we save a further $14 million in cap space...that you can use for a veteran WR or TE and then draft an impact pass rusher...

A guy I love is Kansas State's Felix Anudike-Uzomah...6-4" 255lbs with length, explosiveness, bend, strength, varied moves, intensity & production he could be the perfect fit in this scheme...even playing in K-State's base 3 man DL he is able to get pressure in a lot of different ways...

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I was a big fan of keeping Robert Quinn this year as a leader, teacher & hopefully impact pass rusher but that just hasn't worked out so far...if we cut him next year with the post June 1st designation we save a further $14 million in cap space...that you can use for a veteran WR or TE and then draft an impact pass rusher...

Designating a player as a post-June 1 cut means you carry his salary until June 1. It doesn’t open up that cap space during the initial free agent period.

Bears already have 105M in cap space for 2023. We’re reaching the limits of how much cap you can actually spend in a single offseason. I don’t think they need to cut Quinn. If anything he can mentor a rookie DE and maybe reestablish his trade value.

Just now, abstract_thought said:

Designating a player as a post-June 1 cut means you carry his salary until June 1. It doesn’t open up that cap space during the initial free agent period.

Bears already have 105M in cap space for 2023. We’re reaching the limits of how much cap you can actually spend in a single offseason. I don’t think they need to cut Quinn. If anything he can mentor a rookie DE and maybe reestablish his trade value.

I know you carry the salary...and with all the cap space it still means you can use the money in different ways...

We expected Quinn to be a mentor this year...hasn't happened...I also highly doubt anyone is trading for a then 33 year old DE with a big cap number coming off a down year...it's time to move on unless something dramatically changes.

A really underrated OL prospect right now is Jeremy James from Ole Miss…has played RT but it’s at Guard I like him in the pros…really moves people in the run game but has OT size and athletic upside much like what GB has drafted in the mid rounds over the years as development players up front.

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

My choice right now, If we're picking in the top 5 or so, give me Jalen Carter-3T from Georgia.

It's looking like it might end up that way. Of course that can all change if they sign Nnadi and Payne for instance, but if (when) they're picking top 5 I think they'll go DT or pass rusher. My concern with Carter is a down year so far. 4 games and 0 sacks. Anyway I doubt they give up on Fields this soon and no other position is strong enough to be top 5 in the 2023 draft. The only other scenario I can see is a trade down to 8-10

Edited by beardown3231

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears having the 1st overall pick would be the most compelling drama in my lifetime, outside of 2006.

Poles picks right and he is likely the GM for a decade.

Pick wrong and it will be what takes him down.

Holy hell that would be exciting.

If we ended up with #1 overall, I'm letting some clown team jump up for QB and getting all the picks then still drafting Jalen Carter-3t

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, Epyon said:

My choice right now, If we're picking in the top 5 or so, give me Jalen Carter-3T from Georgia.

What do you peeps think of Tuli Tuipulotu - USC? He is a 3 Tech IDL who is 6.3/290 and could possibly grow stronger and add 10-15 of muscle with more time. He has 7 sacks and I think he can become a force against the run and interior rush with 2 years in the Bears scheme. If we can get an extra 2nd I would love to use it on Tuli. I saw him getting good push against the run & pressure in the Trojan´s loss at Utah. I see him as a late 1st or early 2nd.