Steelers announce QB Mitch Trubisky as starter

RaidersAreOne

I love to see it. I wasn’t sad to see him leave Chicago but at the same time I understood his failure wasn’t all him. In fact, maybe mostly Nagy’s fault. I think Trubisky has what it takes to be a top 20 qb in the league with the right team and coaching. I do feel like pitt is going to be foaming at the mouth for Pickett to come in, so I think Trubisky is again auditioning for his next opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Drafting a 24 year old rookie who's biggest selling point is that "he's pro ready" after 6 years of college is...well something if you aren't going to start him immediately.

100 percent.  Like, he was good in the preseason.  He's your future starter, and he's already as developed as he'll be outside of actually playing in some games.  Play him.

It's not like he's one of these raw traits guys that needs to sit a year to get the mental aspect down.

Trubisky isn't exactly a world beater, and him starting over Pickett makes it kinda look like all the criticisms of Pickett as a prospect were really on point.  That or the Steelers are doing....something with their decision-making process.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Drafting a 24 year old rookie who's biggest selling point is that "he's pro ready" after 6 years of college is...well something if you aren't going to start him immediately.

36 minutes ago, Daniel said:

100 percent.  Like, he was good in the preseason.  He's your future starter, and he's already as developed as he'll be outside of actually playing in some games.  Play him.

It's not like he's one of these raw traits guys that needs to sit a year to get the mental aspect down.

Trubisky isn't exactly a world beater, and him starting over Pickett makes it kinda look like all the criticisms of Pickett as a prospect were really on point.  That or the Steelers are doing....something with their decision-making process.

If our OLine wasnt so cheeks, I think Kenny would be starting.

I think the hope is that a few kinks can be worked out before Kenny takes over.   The OL will be bad regardless, but some guys are struggling with the new OL coachs philosophy, so they are probably just waiting to see if those things can be patched instead of throwing the rookie back there to get David Carr'd.

• Like 1

So people actually thought they would start Pickett week 1, why?

They will treat him just like Roethlisberger. Absolutely no reason to start him week 1 because "If" things didn't go well first few games 0-4 ,1-3 type start. Fans wouldn't be calling for his head.

That occurs same (slow start) with Mitch, Kenny is a savior 🙌, expectations are lowered especially if Pickett ends up playing as well or better. Not hey Kenny we need you to come win 10-11 games and get us into the playoffs. Step up!

It's really a win win IMO. Mitch plays well Pickett sits and learns until his time is up. Trubisky struggles, Pickett saves the day. Or at least tries.

His age means nothing when QB are now playing into their late 30's!

• Like 1