Week 1: Eagles vs Lions (Let the season begin)

Nabbs4u

Not sure how to feel… I hate how the Eagles do this to me. Does any team almost blow big leads more than us? Better than actually blowing the lead of course, but it leaves you feeling a certain way. 

Big picture, it’s week 1, you take any win. We assume Lions stink, but we won’t know for a few more weeks. The only cause for disappointment is that in 3 separate instances we were in position to truly put this game away (21-7, 31-14, 38-21), but let up a TD each time. That can’t happen, and it almost cost us the game as we needed an unreal run from Sanders and QB sneak to seal the W. 

I’m just gonna focus on what a stud AJ Brown is.

Pass rush was piss poor. That’s my biggest concern. We seemingly have the talent. Gannons gotta figure that out. He has a very expensive defense. He has to find out how not to give up 30 to bad offenses. Otherwise, can’t really complain except for Smith not recording a yard. Got some stuff to work on. A win is a win though. 

• Like 1

Hurts looked good overall. He has more to do, but definitely looks like he is taking a step forward so far. Our run defense was trash and our pass rush was trash. The Lions have a good OL, but we gotta do better up front. The Vikings will be a huge test for our defense next week. They need to play better. 

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Hurts looked good overall. He has more to do, but definitely looks like he is taking a step forward so far. Our run defense was trash and our pass rush was trash. The Lions have a good OL, but we gotta do better up front. The Vikings will be a huge test for our defense next week. They need to play better. 

And wasn't their OL without some key parts?