Plenty of chum for the media gulls above San Francisco

notthatbluestuff

Week 1 can be a mirage and the weather was terrible. Definitely a bit disappointing, especially with the loss, but not time to worry unless this happens again next week in better weather at home in my opinion. Lance starting off slow but becoming more acclimated as the year went on seemed like the most likely scenario heading into the season anyways

• Like 2

15 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The Trey Lance era misfires on takeoff. Should the Niners be worried? Or considering the young age of both Lance and this NFL season, is there nothing to see here?

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

All Lance gets is excuses. Guy has had a whole year to "sit and learn" and laid an egg.

SF brought Jimmy back for a reason.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3

Week 1 doesn’t matter. I figured the 49ers would start slow and win that game like 17-10, but surprised the Bears won. 

Not concerned about Lance at all. Even 49er fans all ackwnowledged he’d start slow at least the first four games. It was literally his third start. 

there's a reason I thought the team would basically be around .500 (9-8 or 8-9). It's Trey Lance. That's what you signed up for by taking him. If they didn't think that, it's their own fault and they grossly misevaluated. 

Will definitely be a lot of chatter because the niners can't help themselves lol

22 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

You don't evaluate anybody or anything in a game like that it's like drawing conclusions about a player from that wind game in Buffalo last year.

Agreed, you can't come to many conclusions from that game in regards to the play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

there's a reason I thought the team would basically be around .500 (9-8 or 8-9). It's Trey Lance. That's what you signed up for by taking him. If they didn't think that, it's their own fault and they grossly misevaluated. 

Will definitely be a lot of chatter because the niners can't help themselves lol

This is my concern, I 100% think they should stick with Lance for then long term benefit, but not everybody has next year to wait for, so how long until those vets are going to the coaches asking about Jimmy?