Week 2: Bears on SNF @ Lambeau - Packers WIN 27-10 and improve to 1-1!

FAH1223

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Are we talking the play where AR said he should have kept? If that's a true read, then he's probably unblocked on purpose if he's the end there. Could be wrong, I've erased my brain of most of that game already. 

Rodgers alluded to the read NOT being the actual play call - that they thought about it but weren't sure if Z would stay home. Rodgers then demurred (since Z crashed) that he should have kept it regardless.

That was my takeaway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers alluded to the read NOT being the actual play call - that they thought about it but weren't sure if Z would stay home. Rodgers then demurred (since Z crashed) that he should have kept it regardless.

That was my takeaway.

That's probably right, but if you are going to run it in I think you might want to get a guy on Z there.  He crashed hard and tackled Dillon at the waste.  Seems like a flawed design for the play that was ran.

The outcome of the Bears game will be largely predicated by how well our coaching staff manages this week.  They laid an egg yesterday and should be working overtime to assess the mistakes.  I expect them, and the players, to come out firing bullets this weekend.  Just need to get some players back and stay freaking healthy.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yes, he said he should have pulled it in .. would have easily walked into the endzone.

I still don't blame him there. That's not something we work on a lot and he's old now and you're down crowded with all those bodies. Not the best chance to take week one. Could look at the play call but hey if he keeps, we score too I guess. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

That was my takeaway.

Hmm. Okay. I asked like right away even the option was even there for him during the snap, then he said oh I should have kept it and I figured it was a read

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's probably right, but if you are going to run it in I think you might want to get a guy on Z there.  He crashed hard and tackled Dillon at the waste.  Seems like a flawed design for the play that was ran.

Sure. If that's run all the way, if that's a read play, that's exactly what you do.

I am not the xs os guy but it feels like he had the option since they didn't block the end dude

2 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Aaron took some shots yesterday. I know the Chicago d line isn't in the best shape right now but I would love to see our tackles back and 12 clean. I still think this is a W. Just a lot to clean up.

It would help if the Packers brass would just roll Bak and Jenkins out there.  If they are good enough to do live practice they are good enough to play.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It would help if the Packers brass would just roll Bak and Jenkins out there.  If they are good enough to do live practice they are good enough to play.

I agree and I feel they will be out there this week. I think they wanted them to have the home start on actual grass to get their head and body back into real live action.