Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

So coming into the season, it seemed like we had Adams who is a #1 and Cobb and Allison who are both #3's, but now I'm thinking that maybe Cobb and Allison could both be more like 2.5's, which would average out to a 2 and a 3, you know? So I think these three can carry the load, especially with Jimmy Graham in the mix. (Graham's presence clearly had a lot to do with freeing them up against the Bears.) What we don't know is how the rookies will perform if pressed into service when there is an injury. That's why I would like to see Valdes-Scantling, at least, getting some snaps early in the season if possible. He was only on the field for two plays against the Bears. 

3 hours ago, Greg C. said:

What we don't know is how the rookies will perform if pressed into service when there is an injury. That's why I would like to see Valdes-Scantling, at least, getting some snaps early in the season if possible. He was only on the field for two plays against the Bears. 

I’m not sure anyone expected the rookies to see snaps in such a tightly contested game.  I’m not sure we’ll see much of them this wkd either tbh. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Andy Dalton ten times better QB than Matt Ryan.  Got Green a red zone TD.  I'll show myself out.

Show us that you mean it. 

Drop Matt Ryan from your fantasy team. #Elite QB Joe Flacco is available, put in a claim and I'm sure you'll have him by next Wednesday. 

To be fair, it's hard for Ryan to get it done when he doesn't have any "elite" weapons. 

7 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Show us that you mean it. 

Drop Matt Ryan from your fantasy team. #Elite QB Joe Flacco is available, put in a claim and I'm sure you'll have him by next Wednesday. 

To be fair, it's hard for Ryan to get it done when he doesn't have any "elite" weapons. 

“Any elite weapons”?  Maybe not as many elite weapons as some teams, but I’d still consider Julio elite.  He may not have as many TD’s as other elite receivers, but I wouldn’t drop him out of the elite category.

12 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

“Any elite weapons”?  Maybe not as many elite weapons as some teams, but I’d still consider Julio elite.  He may not have as many TD’s as other elite receivers, but I wouldn’t drop him out of the elite category.

'twas a joke. Green font next time. 

This has been (unfortunately) an ongoing conversation with H2Z, who seems to be convinced that Julio isn't elite because of redzone production (like he can throw the ball to himself). 

Julio is (clearly) elite. 

I think he's the best WR in the NFL, although AB and Odell clearly have their own arguments. Green is no slouch either. 

6 hours ago, Cadmus said:

'twas a joke. Green font next time. 

This has been (unfortunately) an ongoing conversation with H2Z, who seems to be convinced that Julio isn't elite because of redzone production (like he can throw the ball to himself). 

Julio is (clearly) elite. 

I think he's the best WR in the NFL, although AB and Odell clearly have their own arguments. Green is no slouch either. 

WRs can never be better players than the passers that throw them the ball

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I’m not sure anyone expected the rookies to see snaps in such a tightly contested game.  I’m not sure we’ll see much of them this wkd either tbh. 

Probably not. But one or more of them will see more action anytime McCarthy goes to a spread offense. 

Archived