Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

I think ARod made those statements as a disclaimer, he wants it on record that he doesn't want to have those 3 rookies as wr 3-5.   He wants disciplined/assignment sure over ability and he's lobbying for it.    There is a reason Janis only played significant time in 1 game, (and its maybe the best playoff performance by a GB receiver since Sharpe), and was never seen from again.   Running a 7 yard out when it should be 10 is more of a negative than winning a 1v2 jump ball over Pederson and Johnson to send a playoff game to OT is a positive.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Rodgers is an idiot and I'd really like for him to shut his mouth.  First, I'm not really bothered by him calling out receivers, but when he makes it clear exactly who he's upset with and singles some of them out, I don't think that's doing anybody any favors.  He's just being a ****.  For example, if he'd said something like, "A lot of the guys had really bad effort," or even if he said exactly what he said without saying exactly which three didn't, that's just kinda crap.  Say it to their face.  Nobody needs to know what you think of your young receivers, certainly not 31 other teams.  He might as well sign the Packers up for Hard Knocks if he's going to talk like that. 

That's not even why I'm mad at him though.  That wasn't a big issue and it's not something I would even talk about if it wasn't for what I just saw he said today. 

He's an idiot for even suggesting that the NFL move to more of an NBA-structured salary cap.  He's an absolute moronic idiot to think that would be good for the NFL, and especially to think that would be good for the Packers. 

Regardless of whether or not people believe the truth (players don't want to play in Green Bay over any other city), one thing is clear... The Packers have not stretched their limit cap wise since 1997.  Anybody who thinks the NBA has a better salary cap situation is a moron. 

Yeah, I don't like Rodgers, and I'm probably gonna get ripped for this, but I don't care because anybody who agrees with Rodgers on his salary cap statements is just as stupid as he is. 

Biggest diva to ever play QB in Green Bay, and that's saying a lot considering who the last one was. 

1) you already know Rodgers is not an idiot, what he is, is a very smart, together dude. I don't like the idea of him naming names to the press all that much either, but I don't feel that strongly against it (as you obviously do).
2) Before you criticise his cap comments, why not wait and see what the ACTUAL deal is.
3) Your specific problem with Rodgers is this. For whatever reason you dislike him (perhaps you like the notoriety). This means that anything he does is then twisted by you to reflect a negative thing. First comes the dislike, THEN comes the selection of reasons/facts/suppositions/fancies to support that dislike. Nothing is considered purely on it's own merits, it's all warped through the lens of distaste. Since you love films, watch The Duellists (excellent film btw) - YOU are Gabriel Feroud (Harvey Keitel) in that.
4) Biggest Diva ever to play in Green Bay...............All I can do with that one is laugh.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

@AlexGreen#20, I don't deny it would be good for players.  Do you think it would be good for the Packers?  Because I think it would ruin the Packers.

I think guaranteed contracts would be good for the Packers. I think our front office is one of the most disciplined in the league.

I have no idea if a soft cap would be good for the Packers. Probably not, depending on a number of factors.

47 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Unfortunately, we are not properly staffed to deal with serious mental health issues in this venue

A psychotherapist once claimed I had acute neurosis.  I only said a couple words and he made his diagnosis.  

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Biggest diva to ever play QB in Green Bay, and that's saying a lot considering who the last one was. 

Hundleymania is no diva, brother! He is going to get a new pack of Bubblicious Grape, oil up the 5 inch pythons, and run mild all over the Titans tomorrow night! So WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN HUNDLYMANIA RUNS MILD ON YOU?

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Hundleymania is no diva, brother! He is going to get a new pack of Bubblicious Grape, oil up the 5 inch pythons, and run mild all over the Titans tomorrow night! So WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN HUNDLYMANIA RUNS MILD ON YOU?

Mild lolol. I didn't even notice at first

Still early.  Don't mind Rodgers putting the young guys on blast.  Trevor Davis falls into that crew of guys which is a bit concerning since he should know better at this stage.

Same time I'd like Rodgers to have an open mind on the rookies.

58 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Same time I'd like Rodgers to have an open mind on the rookies.

Just a little tough love from above

AR knows he's gonna need them and he also knows that gettin sloppy just because yer tired ain't gonna cut it in the NFL- especially in December-February when those youngsters were used to their season being over.

Archived