**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

50 minutes ago, Northland said:

We will see a run on QB's, OT's,  WR's (40 times not withstanding) elite DL and edge rushers, and CB's before 26.  Bijan gets drafted as well.  I would be thrilled if Torrence were sitting there at 26.  Think he is a plug in and play guard who would fill a need and probably represent BPA as well.  Still trying to get my head around a TE at 26 but it could be possible.  The powers that be in Dallas know what a weapon a good TE is in today's game.  Dallas will draft a TE it's just a question of where.

The point I’m trying to make is, if I had to decide right now, I think I’m eager to trade back, almost no matter who is on the board. There just aren’t a ton of guys that feel like no-brainer, hang up the phone types, for Dallas at #26. Just a lot of guys that we can wrap our heads around and be just fine with. 

I can see the argument for Torrence, though I personally would put him in the just fine bucket as well - I feel roughly equal on him as Avila and Schmitz.

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The point I’m trying to make is, if I had to decide right now, I think I’m eager to trade back, almost no matter who is on the board. There just aren’t a ton of guys that feel like no-brainer, hang up the phone types, for Dallas at #26. Just a lot of guys that we can wrap our heads around and be just fine with. 

I can see the argument for Torrence, though I personally would put him in the just fine bucket as well - I feel roughly equal on him as Avila and Schmitz.

I like your term - just fine bucket.  You could trade back and again be just fine as long as we find a willing trade partner.  A number of clubs may be thinking the same thing.  I have no data or analytics just a gut feel that Torrence is going to make some club very happy 

Just now, Northland said:

I like your term - just fine bucket.  You could trade back and again be just fine as long as we find a willing trade partner.  A number of clubs may be thinking the same thing.  I have no data or analytics just a gut feel that Torrence is going to make some club very happy 

Maybe someone comes up for and offensive tackle? We wouldn’t see the value, that’s a position that teams will trade up for, and there could be a drop off going into round 2.

What’s our confidence that Tyron Smith and Terrence Steele play 17 games? If it’s less than 70% chance and I think it is, offensive line(be it OT or OG) is the number 1 need for this team. 

You can say we have the Smiths on the left with Martin and Steele on the right but how long is that going to hold up? Will it even make it to week 1? It didn’t last year. I don’t think it’s wise to expect it to last a season. Avila and Torrence should be strong consideration at 26. I lean towards Avila as he can backup OG and center. 

As it stands right now Tyler Smith and Tyron Smith are healthy. Steele is not. So Avila or Torrence is probably a day 1 starter at LG. When Steele comes back we can reevaluate. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What’s our confidence that Tyron Smith and Terrence Steele play 17 games? If it’s less than 70% chance and I think it is, offensive line(be it OT or OG) is the number 1 need for this team. 

You can say we have the Smiths on the left with Martin and Steele on the right but how long is that going to hold up? Will it even make it to week 1? It didn’t last year. I don’t think it’s wise to expect it to last a season. Avila and Torrence should be strong consideration at 26. I lean towards Avila as he can backup OG and center. 

As it stands right now Tyler Smith and Tyron Smith are healthy. Steele is not. So Avila or Torrence is probably a day 1 starter at LG. When Steele comes back we can reevaluate. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing the team draft an OT at 26 if they’re the BPA. Have the rookie be the swing tackle for his first year then replace Steele (who will want to get paid) at RT next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

You’re probably right. And if you’re telling me the worst case scenario is that pick rides the bench because our OL stayed healthy, then plays 4000 snaps over the next 4 seasons, that’s definitely not a bad case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Northland said:

We will see a run on QB's, OT's,  WR's (40 times not withstanding) elite DL and edge rushers, and CB's before 26.  Bijan gets drafted as well.  I would be thrilled if Torrence were sitting there at 26.  Think he is a plug in and play guard who would fill a need and probably represent BPA as well.  Still trying to get my head around a TE at 26 but it could be possible.  The powers that be in Dallas know what a weapon a good TE is in today's game.  Dallas will draft a TE it's just a question of where.

I don't see Robinson getting passed Philly's 1st pick and I feel if Gibbs is there they take him and if not I feel it's the OL ?

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I generally agree with what you're saying here- Tyron is best viewed as the swing tackle and thus LG is the only real hole in the starting lineup besides NT. However I would counter that this team has done pretty well at OG on Day 2 recently with the two Connors. They weren't world beaters, but for where we took them and what we got out of them (multiyear starters who went on to get paid elsewhere), pretty solid.

I think it may be more prudent to snag the  best remaining playmaker in R1 (be it a TE, RB, or even another WR) and come back around for OG in R2, perhaps one with the ability to move to center in 2024. But, we will have to see who gets there. I think these 3 or 4 positions on offense (TE, RB, OG/OT*) are what's realistically in play.

*maybe one of the stud tackles falls and you reconsider the Tyler at LG stuff. Pure iOL, center/guard hybrid types are for Day 2 IMO. In most cases

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yes. Yes. 

I think the only DT that gets me excited in round 1 is Kancey or I guess Jalen Carter. I don’t expect either to be available though. 

Edited by DaBoys

17 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

200.gif

I’m not blown away by any of these NTs in this draft. Take one of these guys with a premium pick, and he’s likely playing 20-40% of the snaps at peak during his rookie contract. There’s no Dexter Lawrence here. I was hopeful Mazi could be that guy, but his refusal to test makes me think otherwise.

Give me Hankins/Robinson to fill that role, and let’s use those premium picks more wisely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cowboysdreamer said:

I don't see Robinson getting passed Philly's 1st pick and I feel if Gibbs is there they take him and if not I feel it's the OL ?

I’m not sure about that. Philly hasn’t selected a RB in the first round of the draft since Keith Byars in 1986. They don’t value that position with high picks.