The Ongoing Offensive Line Thread

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

If we run back with basically the same line as last year then get ready for another losing season.

Draft has some talent at center and guard, we better draft at least 2 interior OL.

There’s some very promising round 3 to round 5 guys like Avila, Patterson, Vorhees (though he may go much later due to the injury) and a few others. I’d be shocked and disappointed if we didn’t get a couple young interior OLine in the draft. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I was really hoping that they'd move on from James, move Parham to center, and prioritize adding two good OG. But for whatever reason they seem fine with James at center. We just have to hope Parham takes a step forward this year and they're able to find another starting caliber guard in the draft. It's pretty clear that they don't value OL that much though and have faith in their ability to coach guys up.

TBH I’d be fine with James at centre for half his cost, isn’t he scheduled to make 7 million or something? He doesn’t play that well! 

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I thought this too. The odd whiff, but aside from the penalties I thought he was solid. I’d like to see what Munford looks like as a starter too as he’s probably got the highest ceiling. 

Herron is a sleeper as well, they seem to be decently high on him.

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

TBH I’d be fine with James at centre for half his cost, isn’t he scheduled to make 7 million or something? He doesn’t play that well! 

James is alright but if we cut him with a J1 designation we could pay our entire rookie class with the money we were going to pay him, lol.

• Like 1

One thing I don’t get about the OL is the DZ/JMD philosophy towards this group doesn’t seem to match the attitude towards the rest of the roster.

The OL is clearly substandard. And while these guys are happy moving on from other players they have no connection to or who they don’t perceive to be up to their standards, for some reason they’re letting JAGs like James, Eluemeanor and Parker hang around on the OL. It makes no sense based on their philosophy across the rest of the roster.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

One thing I don’t get about the OL is the DZ/JMD philosophy towards this group doesn’t seem to match the attitude towards the rest of the roster.

The OL is clearly substandard. And while these guys are happy moving on from other players they have no connection to or who they don’t perceive to be up to their standards, for some reason they’re letting JAGs like James, Eluemeanor and Parker hang around on the OL. It makes no sense based on their philosophy across the rest of the roster.

It's pretty similar to their philosophy at DT, LB, S, and CB. The only positions they've invested into are QB, RB, WR, TE, and DE. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I thought they drafted Parham to be that better option at C. 

Maybe that still happens. No rush to cut James, maybe they land something in the draft and decide to move on in the second wave of FA.

Still a lot of moving parts before Sept.