The Ongoing Offensive Line Thread

RaidersAreOne

Elu is back and sounds like As the starting RT.

Parker is the swing OT most probably. Munford the 4th OT probably.

All we need is an interior OL :)

IT seems like Andre James stays as OC, so Parham will be either LG or RG.

We need a starting OG and interior depth. Then some solid improvement from Parham and then the line could be solid.

The #Raiders updated some weights on their website:

Pola-Mao: 211 up from 205
Koonce: 250 up from 242
Parham: 311 up from 296 📈📈📈
James: 300 up from 290
Munford: 320 down from 328

Seems like Parham is getting bigger, probably to play OG again. Hopefully as RG, since he was a lot better there according to multiple film guys and to PFF...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

@NCOUGHMAN what are your thoughts on Brandon Parker this year? Swing tackle only or are they looking at him as the potential RT, I know you were quite high on him last year before he was injured. 

I think they would've paid him more if they viewed him as a potential starter. I'm assuming that he'll battle with Justin Herron to be the swing tackle. It is interesting that they listed Elu as a G/T when they resigned him, I think they're confident in Miller at LT / James at C, plus Parham / Elu as starters, but where they'll play isn't set yet. Parham could start at LG or RG while Elu could start at RG or RT, so they'll have some flexibility in the draft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

@NCOUGHMAN what are your thoughts on Brandon Parker this year? Swing tackle only or are they looking at him as the potential RT, I know you were quite high on him last year before he was injured. 

I honestly don’t know I thought we’d really focus on off and defensive line in fa but I guess not. They had him at lt before he got injured I liked the strides he was making at rt. I’m not happy with the oline

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 2:08 AM, Rolni said:

Elu is back and sounds like As the starting RT.

Parker is the swing OT most probably. Munford the 4th OT probably.

All we need is an interior OL :)

IT seems like Andre James stays as OC, so Parham will be either LG or RG.

We need a starting OG and interior depth. Then some solid improvement from Parham and then the line could be solid.

This is going to be the reason Josh gets fired. Jimmy G will be hurt in 6 games behind this O-line

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don’t care what PFF says about Elu, he sucks and has no business starting in the NFL

Outside of the penalties I thought he was solid, RT isn't really a premium position, having just average/above average there should suffice, imo.

Just now, OldManWillis said:

If we run back with basically the same line as last year then get ready for another losing season.

Draft has some talent at center and guard, we better draft at least 2 interior OL.

I was really hoping that they'd move on from James, move Parham to center, and prioritize adding two good OG. But for whatever reason they seem fine with James at center. We just have to hope Parham takes a step forward this year and they're able to find another starting caliber guard in the draft. It's pretty clear that they don't value OL that much though and have faith in their ability to coach guys up.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Outside of the penalties I thought he was solid, RT isn't really a premium position, having just average/above average there should suffice, imo.

Penalties isn't his only problem when he loses he get beat right away and his man is running free in the back field in both pass and run.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:
4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don’t care what PFF says about Elu, he sucks and has no business starting in the NFL

I thought this too. The odd whiff, but aside from the penalties I thought he was solid. I’d like to see what Munford looks like as a starter too as he’s probably got the highest ceiling.