Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Crazy how vikings are 8-1 and they ask are they for real

Yet kinda so true

They might be the 2022 version of last years Raiders but with better talent.

Good teams find ways to win close games, which they have. Evident by their W/L record in 1 score games.

22' MIN (7-1)

21' LVR (7-2) 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, AP_allday2869 said:

So the Vikings are 8-1 only because Green Bay sucks this year? How does that make any sense? GB could be 7-2 and Minnesota would have the same record.

They just not a good ball club. Eliminated on the 7@2 game with Jimmy G or Heineke going in there no doubt.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Good teams lose bad at least one game but not THAT bad

Yeah when a team can get blown out this bad, I have to kinda question what happens in a playoff scenario where they will need to beat 3-4 really great teams in order to win the Super Bowl. Maybe it's an anomaly, but you don't see too many Super Bowl teams get pantsed this bad. They might lose a game, but this late in the season getting lit up definitly is a bit of a red flag.

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah when a team can get blown out this bad, I have to kinda question what happens in a playoff scenario where they will need to beat 3-4 really great teams in order to win the Super Bowl. Maybe it's an anomaly, but you don't see too many Super Bowl teams get pantsed this bad. They might lose a game, but this late in the season getting lit up definitly is a bit of a red flag.

Yeah let’s look at the list of Super Bowl winners and their schedules, did anyone ever get blown out this bad? Not to my knowledge. 

Vikings are still a very very good team though. If they made the NFC Title game there should not be much surprise. I just don’t see them in the Super Bowl, and especially winning the Super Bowl, after a game like this. They were exposed. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah let’s look at the list of Super Bowl winners and their schedules, did anyone ever get blown out this bad? Not to my knowledge. 

Vikings are still a very very good team though. If they made the NFC Title game there should not be much surprise. I just don’t see them in the Super Bowl, and especially winning the Super Bowl, after a game like this. They were exposed. 

1994 49ers had a horrible lost to the Eagles 40-8 early on in the season. Although, with Steve Young being an all-time great QB and Cousins being Cousins........not saying the Vikings have no chance, but it doesn't look as great for them yeah. 

Plus this game is also much later in the season, while the 49ers were on game 5.

Edited by NeptunePenguins
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

1994 49ers had a horrible lost to the Eagles 40-8 early on in the season. Although, with Steve Young being an all-time great QB and Cousins being Cousins........not saying the Vikings have no chance, but it doesn't look as great for them yeah. 

Plus this game is also much later in the season, while the 49ers were on game 5.

Yeah, that blowout early in the season, and totally different skill of QB’s, Young is a legend. Cousins is pretty good but doesn’t sniff Steve Young.